My sixxer rebuild

kustom_efekt

Established Member
Long story short, bought a 2000 mustang v6 that was in a minor front end collision---just cosmetic damage.

Bought it cheap
emymu4e3.jpg

qa3enura.jpg

New 99 cobra hood, gt bumper, pass fender

huje4yne.jpg

Made a DIY-- PVC paint booth

esyzyvym.jpg

Wet sanded to 600 grit. Sprayed paint/clear today

ysutyput.jpg

ajy3esu7.jpg

vu9y9uru.jpg

I'm very pleased with the way it came out, considering that this is the second vehicle that I've painted. Only had one area with minor orange peal on the left fender

vyhubu2e.jpg

Now I just have to put the car back together. Also went with smoked headlights &mach 1 grill.

I'll post pics of the finished car after buffed/ & putting it back together

kustom_efekt

Established Member
I'm not 100% decided. Going to be a daily for the time being.

I'm in the car for $2200 total--includes purchase, DMV fees, all new parts and paint.

Clean retail is roughly $4-4.5k so I'm deff in it good.

Going to try to find a set of gt takeoff wheels and probably throw a set of drop springs on it too

Adiabatik

Banned
Really? A POS V6 rebuild? it would be interesting if there was something like a Coyote build.....but you're reparing a few dings in on an old POS 6'r??????

JpL4K3

Established Member
Really? A POS V6 rebuild? it would be interesting if there was something like a Coyote build.....but you're reparing a few dings in on an old POS 6'r??????

Seriously? Didn't you supercharge a 2V? :lol:

My point is it doesn't matter if its a v6, GT, or Cobra. Obviously the original poster enjoys doing the work. And LOL at "POS 6er" I know plenty of that generation 3.8 that can give your supercharged GT a run for its money. My v6 included

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Nice work bringing it back. If you don't keep it, if anything I'm sure you could turn around and sell it and make some money

Last edited:

kustom_efekt

Established Member
Going to use it as a DD.... As to cry baby whining about it being a rebuilt sixxer....

I'm sharing what I've spent the last couple weeks "building" as a DD. why would I want another high hp build as a dd. my bolt on ;) 5.0 gets the job done.

Not to mention I'm in it for approximately half of retail value--so if I decide to sell it ....for even $3500 I can still make a nice little profit.

On another note: started putting it back together today. Ignore the front bumper being dull--I had a few "spiderwebs" appear during color coat #2 and abandoned ship on it. Going to sand it back down & respray it later this week.

Also going to search for m105/205 locally to wetsand & buff/ polish this thing.

6yty7eve.jpg

uze7ete9.jpg

eryze4ud.jpg

EVO-lution

Established Member
good stuff bro...ignore the negative criticisms from people. if it's a daily all you need is clean paint, drop and some nice wheels. none the less, still cool to see you doing your own work and learning at the same time.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member

LOL says the guy with a S/C 2v. What are you making? 330 rwhp? LOL GTFO :kaboom:

OP, nice job :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread