MY SVT Test Drive

BenBrausen

Established Member
Today I went to the SVT dealership and test drove an '04 SVT Focus. Very nice ride. There are just a couple things that made it even more memorable. First when the sales guy was backin' it out of the place it was parked in the lot, he backed the large yellow cement base of a lamp post crushing the corner of the driver side bumper in a good 4 inches or so. Ouch.... Then he drove for a bit at first. He claimed he drives a SVT Contour but for some reason every time he banged through the gears tryin' to show off the acceleration, he would shift at 5k RPMs every time. Only once did he make a shift right before redline. Then when we were on the highway, he tried to downshift from 5th to 4th but hit 2nd at around 70mph. :bash: He blamed it on the fact that his SVT Contour is a 5 speed. Other then that fun, it was great. I'm still unsure what kinda car I'm gonna get. I love the Focus but I wish it had the power and Qualife of the SRT-4 (and aftermarket). We'll see what happens.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
If you are picking between the Focus and the SRT-4......... Go with the SRT-4. There is no comparison.

5280stang

Established Member
I test drove an 03/04 modle cobra. A good friend of mine works at a ford dealership and he let us take them out. The first time I took out the 03 he had to let someone else take us cause he was with a customer. Well to make it short this guy was the biggest mag racer I've ever seen in my life. On the high was he was trying to show off missing gears, he even stalled at the light before we got on the highway.

j_granato33

Established Member
hey man i test drove the svt focus and that little car is one bad mother. i think the srt-4 is quick but its still an neon. i just cant get passed it.(maybe if it was a 2 door).

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by j_granato33
hey man i test drove the svt focus and that little car is one bad mother. i think the srt-4 is quick but its still an neon. i just cant get passed it.(maybe if it was a 2 door).

Wow what a great point. The Neon is Dodge's piece of crap, bottom of the line economy car, while the Focus is the finest automobile Ford produces, :rollseyes

Stock
Focus=Neon.

But then the SRT-4 get a turbocharger FMIC, Quaife. There is no comparison between the SVTF and the SRT-4. Especially if you want to mod. You can spend thousands and thousands trying to get a Focus to keep up with a mildly modded SRT-4.

The problem with a performance tuned N/A 2.0liter is that the potential is almost maxed out without forced induction.

Factory Forced induction kicks ass, plus you can buy the Mopar upgrades for the SRT-4 and keep your warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread