My SVTF on the Dyno!!

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Awesome, I have the vid of mine on the dyno. I might get around to getting it up here sometime, I still dont understand how you can have all those mods and mine is basically stock and you only have 6 more hp than me. Mine came in at 150 hp and like 13x tq.

Lupuri

Smack that ass bitch!
Established Member
Codes said:
I still dont understand how you can have all those mods and mine is basically stock and you only have 6 more hp than me. Mine came in at 150 hp and like 13x tq.
Because some mods that he has on do basicaly nothing.
I love the mod-happy mentality, I got this this this and this and ran a 15.3!
:poke:

AmazonFocusSVT

Amazon Racing Focus Guru
Established Member
Im also on a Mustang Dyno which gives about 8-10% lower numbers than a DynoJet. MD's factor in coefficient of drag, rolling resistance, weight, etc. On a DJ, I should have in the high 160's maybe as much as 170.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
AmazonFocusSVT said:
Im also on a Mustang Dyno which gives about 8-10% lower numbers than a DynoJet. MD's factor in coefficient of drag, rolling resistance, weight, etc. On a DJ, I should have in the high 160's maybe as much as 170.

There we go, thats a real answer. Sorry dude, but I cant see him putting those things on his car and only getting 6 more hp than me. Your car is real nice btw...

fsvt02

AmazonFocusSVT said:

Mustang dynos Can also be corrected to put out Dynojet numbers. Unless you have a new Tune or something, 170 seems impossible with the mods you have.

AmazonFocusSVT

Amazon Racing Focus Guru
Established Member
fsvt02 said:
Mustang dynos Can also be corrected to put out Dynojet numbers. Unless you have a new Tune or something, 170 seems impossible with the mods you have.

Mustang Dynos are REAL WORLD..Id rather know my TRUE numbers than go to a DJ and get a number not factoring drag, rolling resistance etc.

So I guess spinning on ICE, I make pretty good power!! ;-)

AZ SVT

Established Member
AmazonFocusSVT said:
Mustang Dynos are REAL WORLD..Id rather know my TRUE numbers than go to a DJ and get a number not factoring drag, rolling resistance etc.

Okay, I'll bite. What do weight, rolling resistance, drag have to do with HP?

AmazonFocusSVT

Amazon Racing Focus Guru
Established Member
AZ SVT said:
Okay, I'll bite. What do weight, rolling resistance, drag have to do with HP?

Well, a lot really...it gives TRUE numbers of what you put down on a street, vs. running on a free spinning roller. Think of it this way (bad analogy); Mustang Dyno = Rolling on a street....DJ, Etc. is like spinning on ice. Or, like this...running a 1/4 mile (on your odometer)...on the street vs. on ice.

Does that help make some sense?? Mustang Dynos essintially give you your STREET DRIVEN Hp...thus, weight, CE of Drag, etc. Those are all factors in real world driving...

AZ SVT

Established Member
AmazonFocusSVT said:
Does that help make some sense?? Mustang Dynos essintially give you your STREET DRIVEN Hp...thus, weight, CE of Drag, etc. Those are all factors in real world driving...

Didn't help. Horsepower is horsepower. The weight of the car, etc, has no effect on the horsepower the engine produces. My car may be faster without a passenger, but my engine makes the same HP with or without. The purpose of dynoing an engine is to see how it compares to a standard and/or to see the effects of changes. By your logic a sales broshure for a car should list different horsepowers for the same engine depending on the weight of various options or the effects of options such as spoilers.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
AZ SVT said:
Didn't help. Horsepower is horsepower. The weight of the car, etc, has no effect on the horsepower the engine produces. My car may be faster without a passenger, but my engine makes the same HP with or without. The purpose of dynoing an engine is to see how it compares to a standard and/or to see the effects of changes. By your logic a sales broshure for a car should list different horsepowers for the same engine depending on the weight of various options or the effects of options such as spoilers.

what load table are you in going down the road with you driving? now what load table are you in going down the road with you driving 3 people in the back seat a suit case and towing a wave runner? by putting a correct load on the car it put it in the correct load table for tuning. is that explained a little better?

notacop

Established Member
contrary to popular belief a dyno is much more than just a way to measure horsepower.

Because your horsepower WILL change. As the engine breaks in and the bearings loosen up you will make more power, as time goes on and compression slowly drops you will make less.

The main purpose of a dyno is tuning.

In a dynojet the resistance is a set 2600 lbs (I believe that is right) so the load on the engine will not be the same so when you are tuning it will actually run a little lean on the street/track. This is a BIG problem if you are running boost or nitrous.

The mustang dyno provides a load very consistent to what the car will see on a track so when you tune it on the dyno you do not have to guess that it will be close to the street.

here is an article with good info comparing the 2 dynos

http://www.mustangdyne.com/Articles/CHP0603-article-01.htm

1turbofocus

Established Member
Man where do you guys at Amazon get this stuff, On ice? How is a 2600LB drum like spinning on ice

As for driving down the road i can set my DynoJet to load at part throttle but that has nothing to do with the load tables , Load tables ARE NOT set from the load on the tires there set from the MAF voltage , TPS , RPM , mostly

Dynos are tuning tools and if there used for anything more than that there worthless , The end result should be a well tuned car with a dyno sheet for bragging rights , that meens nothing if the guy cannot drive or is making lots of power and cannot hook it up

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread