My ticking isn't " the Tick "

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
I took my car to the dealer because of a ticking sound. They say that it's not the engine, but my exhaust that is making the sound. Any idea how I could fix that annoying tick from the exhaust. Anyone else have the same problem.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Thats a new one. Usually its either piston slap or injectors, never heard of the exhaust before. And yeah, why didnt the dealer fix it if they know what it is?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I would think you would hear an exhaust leak ticking higher in the RPM range than just at idle. And I agree, they should have fixed it.

cbrtrx

Established Member
i believe what the dealer is saying is that your mac prochamber is making the noise, its the different metals and thickness of the pipes as well as no cats to help baffle exaust noise, my mac h pipe ticks slightly on both sides and doesnt leak at all, with the stock h pipe there was no abnormal sounds, so i would say your car is fine, maybe you are developing a small exaust leak , there known for leaking and sometimes when the motor gets hot the sound changes also it can get louder under load

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraNHYEE
Are those known to leak?
Yes mine leaked very badly at the passenger side manifold before I took it to an exhaust shop and had them 'mod' the pipe. Pretty loud ticking noise.

tv's 03

Established Member
Originally posted by Surfnerv89
I took my car to the dealer because of a ticking sound. They say that it's not the engine, but my exhaust that is making the sound. Any idea how I could fix that annoying tick from the exhaust. Anyone else have the same problem.

More information please. Is this the stock exhaust. I have suspected a exhaust leak, and I have totally stock exhaust at the moment.

Is it a cat, aftermarket exhaust what?

Did the dealer expand his explanation?

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
It is a Mac prochamber with a borla stinger cat-back. They didn't fix it because it is an aftermarket product. They just said to go back to the installer of the exhaust.

tv's 03

Established Member
Since mine is stock, I suspose I have to eliminate this possibilty...man I was hopeful...the saga continues

Users who are viewing this thread