My trip to my racetrack in Vegas...

redocmach1

Established Member
I thought i'd share my trip with you guys. My father and I belong to a track in Pahrump Nevada called Spring Mountain. This is a very well known badass track one hour outside of Vegas, and i just recently became a member. This place is seriously like a male's best getaway or sweet escape in a way. This place has two massive circiut tracks, a shooting range, from vettes to radicals to lotuses to porsches to drive. A couple famous people such as Xhibit the rapper are members. This place also has a full off-road track for quads, dirtbikes, trucks, or ranger 4wd big carts. It also has a massive indoor and outdoor pool, helicopters and small planes to learn how to fly (which i did), a massive skidpad for drifting, and soon to have a 100 room hotel. This track requires you to pass their driving school to have open access to their track, which is what i just completed. I just bought a ranger 4wd cart to offroad out there and to transprot around the two tracks. I am now in the process of purchasing a radical sr5 for this track along with a Z06 to take out there and race.

Anyway I had so much fun this weekend and i though i would share some info and pics of the cars i drove.

First off i took out the ls3 corvette m6. It was so impressive how well this thing handled and how quick it was in the straights. This track has so much faith in vettes they have a bunch they use for their various driving schools becasue they are so quick, reliable, handle amazing, and overall with price are the best buy for a track car.

Ls3 vette-
rk1ppc.jpg

Then i drove the Zo6. I have always wanted to drive one, and let me tell you, its ****in fast. The track i drove it on has a mile back-straight, and i took it around the full lap and it handles so good, a good amount better than the ls3. I would hit this back straight, stop at the beggining, put it in first, take it to 3k, dump the clutch and that thing got to 120 so damn fast it was great. This car also could hold a drift so easily in 3rd or 2nd and just pour smoke out the back, i loved it.

Zo6-
2s982gy.jpg

Next i drove the callaway c16 vette. This thing has a s/c ls3 in it with like 600 horse?. (similar to the zr1). Wow this thing had a loud ass blower, full race seats with a roll bar, and it was faster than the Z. It hauled so much ass I was in heaven. I hit 155 on the back straight and it handled and stopped like a dream. All carbon fiber body and wheels and brakes. It was so light and so fast, it got around the track quick.

Callaway C16-
2unu59k.jpg

15ekegm.jpg

Then i drove the Lotus Exige S cup car. This thing was an exige s with a rollgcage, bigger blower and intercooler, lightened up even more with a body kit, and on fully adjustable coilovers. It was so quick in the corners and very quick in the straights. It was almost like a go cart, it was a great handling car and was fun as hell to drive.

Exige S cup car-
35aj9qa.jpg

14ob0qh.jpg

My favorite and the last thing i drove was this radical sr3. THis was a racecar. It has a 1500 hayabusa motor pulls over 2.5g on the turns does 60 in less than 4 seconds, and tops out at 150mph. It has a 6 speed sequential manual with a clutch. This thing is absolutely insane, it is so fast and turns so hard it feels like an f1. The vette has no chance on a corner against it. I also had a ride in the sr8 (has a v8 in it) which is owned by the owner of this track and let me tell you, going around the track with him is absolutely rediculous. It is so exhillarating it is hard to explain. hahah i felt like my intestines were going to come out of my side on some turn with him lol.

radical-
zmh83n.jpg

The owner says as soon as he gets his two zr1's hes ordered i will go out there and drive them on the track. I can not wait. He also just purchased a C6-RS (Jay Lenno has the only other one) which is a really rare vette with a shitload of power and is going to be on display in his showroom next week. I will get vids!

vid of an sr8 at nurburgring-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwtyZosuPNE"]YouTube - radical SR8 nurburgring[/ame]

This track is the best shit on earth and if any of you are interested, its expensive but so worth it. I am good friends with the owner and it is a great place.

Website of spring mtn.-

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/

ranger i bought-
v7qfyh.jpg

:rockon::beer::burnout:

pics were with my camera phone, hopefully there pretty clear for ya.

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Wow, living in Vegas I've heard of the place. A person at work just did the ZO6 3 day event. He said it was great. Loved everything about it but the price was steep. I think it was around $2700.

CGoeschel

Established Member
I used to go out there for track days when I had my Honda RC-51 roadracer. The track has been expanded since then, but I agree, Its a great track and Pahrump itself is growing like a weed. Probably a good place to invest in some real estate! Glad you had fun...looks awesome!

Jefe

Established Member
Dude let me know if you go back up there again!

Users who are viewing this thread