My truck

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
Hey guys been thinking about powdercoating the wheels black. what do you guys think. Also i don't know if the 4 6 drop would be good or not tell me what you think. it's a toss between that and the 3 5. here are some pics of the truck for reference.

yeah i'm not too good on posting pics yet but you get the idea.let me know what you think

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Nice truck. I'm not a fan of the black wheels on white but it's your truck do what you like.

4/6 is to low. 3/5 is manageable.

chrisheltra

Established Member
4/6 is too low you'll have notch crap to get everything to fit. 3/5 will work but you will be very close to the bumpstops if you get the shorter ones. I personally like a 2/4 drop.

chuckdlightning

Established Member
I think black wheels would look good on your truck man.. BUT, like RIDE THE said... it's your truck man.. as long as you're happy with the way it looks... who gives two shits what anybody else says.

83 5oh

Established Member
i know that the 4 6 will need to be notched that's no big deal i can do that i was just wondering how low is too low in these trucks. if the sacrifice in height and ride is worth it.....now that i hear that would 3 5 be the best way to go? about the wheels i want to get some different ones but for now i was just thinking black ones....

83 5oh

Established Member
oh yeah i'm also looking to color match the tails. anyone done this already? if so how hard is it to seperate the lense? and how did you do it...lots of questions i know. I just got the truck from my dad and he never did anything to it...had it for about 2 and 1/2 years LOL...and now it's time for a change.

qwklightning

Established Member
Thought about a little lower on mine, just don't know if I'd like the ride. Mine has a 2-4 drop wit black bullits. I think the black on white looks really good, like said above, it's your truck do to it what you want.

100_7312.jpg

Last edited:

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
I have a 3/5 drop and like the stance. The ride was a little rough until I cut the stock shock mounts off the rear axle and rolled them around a little. For the front I just put in shorter shocks. I like black wheels on vehicles, no matter what color the vehicle is. I have black wheels on my TJ, had black wheels on my CSVT, and I want to get black wheels for my L.

Like has alreaady been said a few times, it's your truck, so as long as you are happy that's all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread