My Twin Turbo Viper Powered Mustang BUILD.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That oil pan...

And the intake tube...

Holy hell. You know what you are doing, I am really excited to see how you get those primaries into that collector lol.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
OP, you're my new hero, this build is awesome already. I guess I never realized you could put a Viper V10 in a SN95. I'm officially peanut butter and jealous.

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
Awesome thread, and I appreciate all the pics you're sharing - much better than simply seeing before and afters when it's all said and done.

Not sure if anyone on here knows you personally, but care to share a little about yourself, such as where you learned to do everything it is that you're accomplishing w/this build?

It's damn impressive, looking forward to more!

Something quick about me....
31 yrs old
Been in construction for 12 years
General Contractor since 2007, my own company now.
Career firefighter with the city
Everything I've learned about cars came from one mistake on my 2001 Lightning.. It "forced" me to either build the motor or find a stock used one, that was a pretty obvious decision haha.. Bought a used KB for that new motor. From there it was just a search for more power and the road down the line of blowers didn't really do it for me. I looked into turbos for that, and everything lead to "you must read" Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. After reading that I was hooked... Bought a cheap welder from homedepot and a couple welding books and taught myself how to mig weld. I then hired an older gentleman to tig my first turbo kit for that lightning and he let me use his extra machine while he was working to learn how to tig. He is a local teacher at a vocation school here in the welding department so he gave me a few pointers and that's all she wrote... I vowed never to have to pay anyone to fab anything for my projects unless I need a CNC part or something like that. I now use metal and many custom items in my construction projects which is a major bonus. That was a little long winded sorry.

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
Jesus ****ing christ this is sick. Cant wait to see the results. That front most primary tube, how do you plan to make that bend to the collector haha.

I have an idea in my head how I want those primaries to run, but getting them to do what want is probably harder than I think..

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
latest

In for updates on this one. Absolutely awesome build.

MTBSully

Established Member
31 yrs old
Everything I've learned about cars came from one mistake on my 2001 Lightning.. It "forced" me to either build the motor or find a stock used one, that was a pretty obvious decision haha.. Bought a used KB for that new motor. From there it was just a search for more power and the road down the line of blowers didn't really do it for me. I looked into turbos for that, and everything lead to "you must read" Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. After reading that I was hooked... Bought a cheap welder from homedepot and a couple welding books and taught myself how to mig weld. I then hired an older gentleman to tig my first turbo kit for that lightning and he let me use his extra machine while he was working to learn how to tig. He is a local teacher at a vocation school here in the welding department so he gave me a few pointers and that's all she wrote... I vowed never to have to pay anyone to fab anything for my projects unless I need a CNC part or something like that. I now use metal and many custom items in my construction projects which is a major bonus. That was a little long winded sorry.

Awesome. How do you bend steel plates? For the motor mounts for example? How do you cut steel plates? Chop saw?

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
Awesome. How do you bend steel plates? For the motor mounts for example? How do you cut steel plates? Chop saw?

To bend stuff i made a small table mount brake out of angle iron and a couple commercial door hinges, if it's too thick for that I score it with my angle grinder first, then bend and just run a bead down the score mark. If I'm just bending small stuff like the motor mounts I just put it in my vise and tap it in the angle I need with a mini sledge haha..

Cutting stuff in a strange shape like the transmission mount I built I use my plasma, it's a real cheap Chinese one off eBay, but it does the job.. Cutting straight cuts that need to be more precise I use my 4" angle grinder with a good quality wheel (not a DeWalt from lowes). Tubing... Aluminum, wood chop saw with a 40tooth thin kerf blade and stainless just a metal chop saw.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Talk about a cliff hanger!!! How the heck are you going to make that exhaust manifold situation work?! What a tease!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
31 yrs old

Awesome! And the fact you have a purely DIY attitude gives this build and many others like it that much more respect.

I look forward to seeing the end result!

Users who are viewing this thread