My version of the hood mod!

davidmax

Established Member
I guesss I'm the oddest OK FLAMES ON!!!!!!
I like the bare naked lool reminds me of my youth.No I mean I like the rough ffinish and with my ATI FR! race blower the more whistle and whine the better.
Are yyou sure these pulleys werent made for centrificals?I know my ATI Pro-Charger puts out its share of noise,but thats a symhony with the SHM header back 3" system good for 60 rwhp on an unmodified 4.6 stock more on heads and cams and stroker,Dave Smilovic

torchred03

Established Member
Originally posted by Torch Red 10th
I got the answer for your unpainted hood question. I used to paint at the plant here in K.C.
I painted Contours and then Escapes. Ford's idea of saving money INCLUDES not putting any paint where the hood blanket should be. I did the underhood job in the prime both on night shift for 2 years and then basecoated and clearcoated doors for 3 1/2 more. When I did the hood job I painted EVERYONE of them that I got. I caught hell for it from the foreman, general foreman, superintendent, and the paint area manager. Didn't matter....I painted the ENTIRE hood. It got painted for autoshow cars and salaried employees. Why not everone else? I also basecoated and clearcoated under the doors which not everyone does. Anywhere that gets covered up or is unseen after complete assembly likely does NOT have any paint on it.

I must have one of your hoods on mine.........it's completely painted.:rockon:

USMC0341

Established Member
Well I didnt like how my hood blanket mod came out so I just took it off . I was surprised how bad my hood looks like under the blanket:eek: It's got tape and numbers and all kinds of crap.
Oh well, this car still rocks!:rockon:
fa88638f.jpg

Last edited:

n0xlf

Established Member
Originally posted by Torch Red 10th
I got the answer for your unpainted hood question. I used to paint at the plant here in K.C.
I painted Contours and then Escapes. Ford's idea of saving money INCLUDES not putting any paint where the hood blanket should be. I did the underhood job in the prime both on night shift for 2 years and then basecoated and clearcoated doors for 3 1/2 more. When I did the hood job I painted EVERYONE of them that I got. I caught hell for it from the foreman, general foreman, superintendent, and the paint area manager. Didn't matter....I painted the ENTIRE hood. It got painted for autoshow cars and salaried employees. Why not everone else? I also basecoated and clearcoated under the doors which not everyone does. Anywhere that gets covered up or is unseen after complete assembly likely does NOT have any paint on it.

Aren't the paint jobs automated?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
What's the diff between a "hood blanket mod" and just removing the hood blanket altogether. Are they one and the same?

We need someone to come out with aluminum vent covers to replace the plastic ones, anyone seen them?

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Torch Red 10th ...just want to say....GREAT PIC!!! You see many pics of the 03 here. I really like that one. Seriously!!!

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by n0xlf
Aren't the paint jobs automated?

The exterior is mostly. Door jambs, underhood, under trunk, and a few areas the automation doesn't paint real well are done by hand still. We use ITW/Devilbiss electrostatic paint guns.

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by FordFreak4.6
Who is SE racing? Are they still around? I'm curious about this whistle pulley now. haha

Not sure if they still around or not, If they are I know they don't make them anymore. Be patient, my buddy and I should have some for sale soon if everything goes well.....Wish us luck!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread