My Whipple 12 Gt vs. 632ci Monte Carlo and Bike

ebrow21

Established Member
Some short daytime video.

Went to Hooters today with a few friends, ended up accidentally crashing a local Camaro club meet. Ended up making a few runs after the event with a friend. The car is an extremely clean 1970 Monte Carlo with a 632 Big Block, full interior a/c street car. Best pass is 10.4x in the 130 mph range.

First run, 45 mph roll. He got a slight lead at the hit, we held it about there before an early shutdown due to traffic.

[youtube_browser]bAMBjdFCIo0[/youtube_browser]

Second run, he lost a cutout, so he kept them closed. Same 45mph roll. Not sure what mph the video cuts off though. Yes, I pulled a dumb and dumber running man as I passed by. I always think its hilarious when people mug while they're racing, figured why not. Also notice some random Hyundai rolls by us out the window cheering Go! Go! Rolled by us after we slowed down cheering out the window as well.

[youtube_browser]pCEZF7X3Vro[/youtube_browser]

Last race. NSFW (One curse word)

Bike was a Triumph 1050cc Triple Speed, same 45mph roll. Per a friend of the owner, it had a filter and 112 octane in it. Not sure if either helps.

The race wasn't really planned, someone else was supposed to run the bike, and it wasn't really close between them. I figured why not. I tried to leave the car in second and shift to drive, and it didn't work out well. The car shifted from second, to third, to second and shut off for a moment. I didn't want to waste the opportunity, so I stayed in it. Started to run him down a bit (I think) but didn't want to run out of road. Didn't have a chance to do a rematch.

[youtube_browser]gjI1mHOJefE[/youtube_browser]

Enjoy.

ebrow21

Established Member
What kind of power you putting down?

Not enough, lol. Manual trans cars with my mods seem to put down in the 600-625 range. I, on the other hand, have a 3rd gear dyno on an older tune that says 528hp :dw:. This car went high 10's making 437hp on the same dyno.

Nice! Car runs good sir.

Thanks! Going to make another track trip with my updated tune and Killer Chiller soon.

ebrow21

Established Member
damn ...632ci?...

good runs but that monte is kind of unimpressive for having a "mountain" motor.

The owner is very specific about what he wanted to build. 93 octane only, a/c, full creature comfort street car.

He has had over 12,000 trouble free miles out of that setup, including driving from B.R. to Houston and back for tx2k13. Oh, and it traps over 130mph on a turbo 400.

I'd drive it.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Car sounds good! My friend Mark has an auto/whipple blue stripper '11 GT, gotta be a great DD!

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
The owner is very specific about what he wanted to build. 93 octane only, a/c, full creature comfort street car.

He has had over 12,000 trouble free miles out of that setup, including driving from B.R. to Houston and back for tx2k13. Oh, and it traps over 130mph on a turbo 400.

I'd drive it.

makes a little more sense but damn that's a big ass motor...lol

ebrow21

Established Member

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Great runs, but please tell the recorder to turn their phone sideways for a better view...;-)

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Those two cars are totally different, cool that they are so close lol

ebrow21

Established Member
Those two cars are totally different, cool that they are so close lol

Exact conclusion we came to as well, although I'm hoping to have a slight track advantage. He has a hard time hooking up. We will see.

Terrible, my buddies 632ci makes 1100hp off the bottle?

Tell him to drive it over from Houston, and race him?

Don't think he is trying to be anyone's hero.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread