My wifes kill

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
We were cruising down the highway in my wife's 01 4.3L blazer, then hit a red light. Next to us is a 4.0L jeep wrangler reving his engine and trying to be cool. It was a young kid so its expected. I tell my wife who is driving, that he wants some.
The light turns green and he takes off timing the light perfectly, then my wife takes off (about a 1.2 RT) she is about a car and a half behind him, then he hits second and she gains a car on him. But quickly after the gear change for him he regains a half of car on my wife. The jeep is still winnig by about 3/4 car lengh. Then the jeep owner hits 3rd and now my wife is neck and neck with him. As I look over at the jeep owner he has a look of deep concentration going (kinda like taking a big shit).
As my wife hits 75mph we are by him like nothing, and for some rrason she won't let off. I'm telling her its OK you have won, but she isn't responding. I'm grabbing the "oh shit handle" like I'm at the dentist, and she keeps it floored. She is doing 80ish in a 45mph zone. Finally she lets off, then she says "wow, that was fun"
later
john

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by 94cobra
We were cruising down the highway in my wife's 01 4.3L blazer, then hit a red light. Next to us is a 4.0L jeep wrangler reving his engine and trying to be cool. It was a young kid so its expected. I tell my wife who is driving, that he wants some.
The light turns green and he takes off timing the light perfectly, then my wife takes off (about a 1.2 RT) she is about a car and a half behind him, then he hits second and she gains a car on him. But quickly after the gear change for him he regains a half of car on my wife. The jeep is still winnig by about 3/4 car lengh. Then the jeep owner hits 3rd and now my wife is neck and neck with him. As I look over at the jeep owner he has a look of deep concentration going (kinda like taking a big shit).
As my wife hits 75mph we are by him like nothing, and for some rrason she won't let off. I'm telling her its OK you have won, but she isn't responding. I'm grabbing the "oh shit handle" like I'm at the dentist, and she keeps it floored. She is doing 80ish in a 45mph zone. Finally she lets off, then she says "wow, that was fun"
later
john

Wild, John..

She sounds like a keeper:coolman:

Nice kill to the Mrs!:burnout:

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
It's amazing the feeling you get from stomping the crap out of someone when they started the whole thing. Congratulations to your wife.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Finally she lets off, then she says "wow, that was fun"
later
john
LMFAO!!!! :lol:

Great kill to the Mrs.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
she won't let off. I'm telling her its OK you have won, but she isn't responding. I'm grabbing the "oh shit handle" like I'm at the dentist, and she keeps it floored. She is doing 80ish in a 45mph zone. Finally she lets off, then she says "wow, that was fun"
later
john
:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO. Props to the Mrs. :-D

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
I'm shocked she stayed in it. Usually she doesn't "floor" it.
She drives the cobra pretty good too. I bet she could run a high 13 in it. Maybe I can talk her into running it a few times down the track this year.
later
john

Users who are viewing this thread