Mysterious Rear End Noise

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Today I pulled the Cobra out of the garage and drove it around some. I havent driven it in about a week, which has never happened. Ive been driving the DD more lately since it gets about 20 more mpg than the Cobra..LoL.

Anyways, there was a squeeking noise coming from the rear end area and its only noticeable under 20 mph when in gear and when coasting. It sounds as if something mechanical is rubbing against something while its rotating. And just to clarify its only below 20 mph. Once its above 20 mph it stops when in gear and while coasting.

I had a fellow Cobra owner jump in with me to see if he was familiar with the noise. This was the first time he has been in it since I put the Ported blower on. I got on it a little in 2nd and noticed as I was slowing down the squeeking sound stopped. I checked it a few more times under 20 mph and again the sound was gone.

I did a search and came up with nothing. It seems that members were having problems with their welds between the back seat and the fenderwells and I dont think thats the issue. Any ideas...? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread