mystic vert

smanderson6571

Established Member
Im not sure if this is the right section or not but i was wondering if anybody here can give me some ideas on the value of a 04 cobra mystic vert. I cant post any pics right now but can try to later if its needed, the car is exceptionally clean other than some damage to the fender and a cracked bumper but i am looking for an idea on what the car is worth fixed, it has 66000ish miles but 2000 on a .20 over motor

Ported supercharger with MotoBlue 2.76 pulley.
BBK cold air intake.
Accufab single blade throttle body.
Ported plenum
Bassani Stainless Steel offroad X-Pipe
Bassani Stainless Steel Catback with Borla mufflers welded in
Centerforce DFX clutch
MGW short throw shifter
AFCO heat exchanger
MotoBlue ignition coils
IRS Brace
IRS forward torque brace
Adjustable quadrant cable and firewall adjuster
H&R race springs
Smoked headlights with 6000k HIDS ( also have regular headlights)
Smoked foglights
18x10 Saleen wheels
20% tint on windows and strip on windshield
Short antenna

Like i said there is some cosmetic damage but im just wondering what the car would be worth with the proper repairs done to the fender and bumper
any help is appreciated and if this isnt the right section for this i apologize i just wasnt sure where to post

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Honestly, whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If it is the one on Ebay its going to take some coin to fix. Hood, Fender, bumper to say the least. Last time I priced paint it was $400.00 per pint. That was 6 years ago. I do not know what the additive is going for now. So parts alone about $1,600.00 +. Labor and paint $2,000.00. Plus the price of the car. With the right amount of TLC you might sell it for $22,000.00 - $24,000.00 range. MIGHT being the key word. Unmolested 'Verts with low miles are going for $26,000.00 - $32,000.00, so a repaired one would probably be a lot lower. Just my honest opinion.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Is this the one in Sioux City? If so the price isnt horrible but with a motor that is torn into you always have to worry about how it was put back together. That car was also posted here in the market section about a month back. Maybe look there for more feedback on the car. The price didnt seem horrible for what the car looks like and has done to it. But just make sure its a good running ride.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
My brother just bought a Sonic Blue Vert 03 Cobra for 18k. Has 61k miles and its mostly stock save for some full subfframe connectors, magna flow mufflers and pulley/tune. KBB is pricing it at 22k. Im sure a Mystichrome and being one year newer should cost at least 2-3k more.

SpectorV

Established Member
its not a "rare" color as it was the 3rd most produced in 04, but the extra cost of the paint should be factored in. Its not cheap either just fyi

testorossa1989

Established Member
Stock cobra
55-75,000 miles = 17.5-21k

Modified cobras (whipples,kennebells,turbos ect)
55-75,000 miles = 19-25k

Engine internal modifications
Negotiable name your price

Orange, DSG, Mystic, ect
range between 23-32k depending on miles, these start getting into the 4 digit mileage so your paying coin

Too paint a mystic its a pearlesent color or however you pernounce it, Your literally paying 8k for a paint job because most cars can be painted a single color for 3k including prep work. Mystic gets into mixing, blending and you need to get it just right NOT TO MENTION your average mom and PA shop are used to painting collision repaired cars with factory color codes and what not. You may have to bring it to a custom fab/painter who can comfortably do this. Its basically like matching a candy paint job, if you get a chip you cant even touch it up because theirs multiple layers of paint to give it that gloss it just wont ever be the same. IMO it will never be the same as stock originally was for mystic. This is just my 2 cents, im not a expert but the truth is there. Its going to pay to be different

My parents work real estate and they always told me your house or in this case car is not what fair market value is. "ITS WORTH WHATEVER THE BUYER IS WILLING TO PAY with that being said i wish you the best of luck with your sale

Last edited:

smanderson6571

Established Member
The car is located about an hour from me, it was posted on here not too terribly long ago. It has damage on the front right corner but i have a spare fender, headlight and hood so all i would have to buy is a bumper, i manage a body shop and am used to shooting candys metalics and all that so the paint doesnt worry me, it is a little pricy but i do have everything needed in my mixing bank to make the color here in shop, ill see how it goes ive got to get my truck sold before i can go look at it

SpectorV

Established Member
will mystichrome from one car match another? Ive heard it can vary wont wont look right so a blend might be needed but.... I have no idea just what I have read on here.

smanderson6571

Established Member
to be on the safe side almost any metallic should be blended, you can shoot two different panels with the same exact mix from the same batch and have it come out different depending on how wet or dry you spray it on and how the metallic lays when it dries, most painters that i know of personally anyway prefer to blend color, then just clear the full panel, its much easier to get a color to blend into the stock color than to color up to the edge of your panel and hope that when you unmask it will match the factory panel next to it if that makes sense

Black2010

Established Member
Too paint a mystic its a pearlesent color or however you pernounce it, Your literally paying 8k for a paint job because most cars can be painted a single color for 3k including prep work. Mystic gets into mixing, blending and you need to get it just right NOT TO MENTION your average mom and PA shop are used to painting collision repaired cars with factory color codes and what not. You may have to bring it to a custom fab/painter who can comfortably do this. Its basically like matching a candy paint job, if you get a chip you cant even touch it up because theirs multiple layers of paint to give it that gloss it just wont ever be the same. IMO it will never be the same as stock originally was for mystic.

I agree with the info on the price but want to clarify the paint.

This is correct for a "Mystic" paint but the OP is talking about the Mystichrome paint. Not trying to play semantics but their is a difference in color but more importantly how it's applied.

Mystichrome paint is still expensive but it's basically like painting a reg paint job. I can assure you it can be color matched just fine as well. I had a good sized rock chip on mine. Used the ford touch-up paint, wet sanded it flush, buffed it and you cannot tell the difference. Color changes match perfectly too. They reformulated the mystichrome on the 04's so you don't have the same problems but the previous Mystics are a B$tch to repaint.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
The car is located about an hour from me, it was posted on here not too terribly long ago. It has damage on the front right corner but i have a spare fender, headlight and hood so all i would have to buy is a bumper, i manage a body shop and am used to shooting candys metalics and all that so the paint doesnt worry me, it is a little pricy but i do have everything needed in my mixing bank to make the color here in shop, ill see how it goes ive got to get my truck sold before i can go look at it

this one right...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...cheap-2004-mystichrome-cobra-built-motor.html

smanderson6571

Established Member
Thanks for the info black, always good to hear from somebody that has experienced it first hand! And yeah loco thats the one i was talking about..you look at it?

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
Thanks for the info black, always good to hear from somebody that has experienced it first hand! And yeah loco thats the one i was talking about..you look at it?

I myself would not pay his asking price especially since it needs repair than again I probably wouldnt buy it since there is no actual number as to how much you will have to put out of pocket to get it fixed and what ever that figure turns out to be you could get into a very clean one with low miles and good mods

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
i know this is an older thread, but in case it helps anyone, i got into my mystic coupe for 14000. it had more mileage, and was bone stock--just how i wanted it. but it was incredibly super clean, and i may have paid a little much for it...but you hafta pay to play ya know? either way, its a personal preference, and i ended up with one of my all time favorite cars, in my favorite paint scheme. good luck with any decision you make

MysticRob

Established Member
I looked everywhere within a couple states of me and finally found mine in Las Vegas back in September. It was all stock (save for some flat black wheels I quickly replaced with stock chrome wheels), had 75k miles, and some minor cosmetic issues I will have no problem fixing myself. I was more than happy to pay $17,500 for her, and will throw another $1,500 at her in upgrades shortly before I call it quits... for now. :beer:

Everything else I'd seen around here was 1000s more and in worse shape, and of course being patient paid off when I did finally find it. Actually found it on ebay and negotiated off that site from there.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
its not a "rare" color as it was the 3rd most produced in 04, but the extra cost of the paint should be factored in. Its not cheap either just fyi
while you are correct it is not "rare" the fact that is was the third most produced in 04 would depend on the context.

as far as COBRAs only goes the statement is correct, but what makes it more "rare" if you will is that it is the ONLY color that is not available on any other version of the mustang that year or any other years. every other color is available on just about every other version of the mustang.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
i know this is an older thread, but in case it helps anyone, i got into my mystic coupe for 14000. it had more mileage, and was bone stock--just how i wanted it. but it was incredibly super clean, and i may have paid a little much for it...but you hafta pay to play ya know? either way, its a personal preference, and i ended up with one of my all time favorite cars, in my favorite paint scheme. good luck with any decision you make
you got a hell of a deal and you paid less than it was worth unless it had 200k miles on it. Now fix your car's info to reflect what it is i.e. mystichrome. that way the noobs don't get all confused over the fact that mystic was only put on 2006 Cobras.

MysticRob

Established Member
I agree with the info on the price but want to clarify the paint.

This is correct for a "Mystic" paint but the OP is talking about the Mystichrome paint. Not trying to play semantics but their is a difference in color but more importantly how it's applied.

Mystichrome paint is still expensive but it's basically like painting a reg paint job. I can assure you it can be color matched just fine as well. I had a good sized rock chip on mine. Used the ford touch-up paint, wet sanded it flush, buffed it and you cannot tell the difference. Color changes match perfectly too. They reformulated the mystichrome on the 04's so you don't have the same problems but the previous Mystics are a B$tch to repaint.

Absolutely true. I bought a 2oz bottle of Mystichrome touch-up paint from AutomotiveTouchup.com and it was a perfect match on all the chips I had to fix on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread