mystic with mystic-chrome flames???

nitrovic

Established Member
Just thought about it while looking at numerous hot rods with chrome allusion type flames?? I'm trying to visualize it on the mystic and for reason i can't figure out if it would look good or not? Any opinions?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
It would cost you small fortune...as well as it would suck to have to deal with any chips....but damn, that car would be hot as hell...I say go for it!

nitrovic

Established Member
The old lady actually brought it up while in Carlisle and she saw her first mysticchrome. When she goes back to work after she's done with her masters im plan on doing it. I have a binch of chips on the hood and front fenders anyway. I think Jeff could hook that up.:pepper:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
What about Mysitchrome paint, with mystic flames. I know it's not that much different BUT, the paint is easier to find, get, and cheaper for the mystichrome. Price will be way different with 4 quarts of mystichrome and a quart of mystic, then the vice versa.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
I've got tons of rock chips in my front bumper and hood as well and the thought of a big gnarly white to yellow to orange flame job to cover them up has been eating at my brain for a while now. Soon it will eat my whole brain and I'll have to do it :)

nitrovic

Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
What about Mysitchrome paint, with mystic flames. I know it's not that much different BUT, the paint is easier to find, get, and cheaper for the mystichrome. Price will be way different with 4 quarts of mystichrome and a quart of mystic, then the vice versa.

That's a good point. How much cheaper is it? I don't even know about how the process works for the Mystic. I know it used to be a PITA, i don't know if it is the same now. I plan on re-painting it in about two to three years, i hope they still have a good supply of Mystic by then. I want to keep it a Mystic because it's a 96. I love the Mystichrome though, it's a toss up for me. I think the darker Mystic base with the lighter Chrome flames would be a pretty sick paint job.

Users who are viewing this thread