N/A build

2013paxtonbeast

Established Member
Ill start by saying no the paxton never went on the car so yes i know my username is false lol

Okay starting my N/A build below are the mods all parts are in the mail

Current mods-
Boss intake
Steeda Cold Air
JPC longtubes
SW O/R X
JPC over axle pipes
Flowmaster outlaw AB

New mods-
CJ intake (will be ported)
SCJ TB
Rev Auto custom Cold Air
Comp Stage 3 N/A cams (not limited or locked)
Boss rotating assembly
TSS billet oil pump gears(added safety and might as well with motor apart)
Boss 302R head swap
ID725 injectors
Head cooling mod- mixed reviews but Im doing it
Car will be tuned by Shaun @ AED and i plan on doing a 3 fuel tune 93 E85 and FTW

Im sure I missed something! Once i get the CJ and cold air in they are going to the paint booth for a custom carbon fiber paint scheme along with my coil covers. most parts should be here next week so i will update with progress. Car has a magnum T-56 with RXt twin disc and billet steel flywheel.

2013paxtonbeast

Established Member
I will and yeah I went with the simplicity of swapping to the boss rotating assembly also there can be issues with running other pistons that would require limiting or locking out the cams and after talking to Shaun I decided againt that. i will post pics for sure

SLVRBACK

Interesting in the porting of the manifold. Post pics of that process in particular please :)

Should be pretty beast once completed.

Cashbum

Established Member
Good luck with the build! I'm actually having a new short block assembled for me and plan on doing the same as you. A stout NA setup to see what it can do. If you end up selling the boss intake let me know. I'm looking for one right now

FIFTY

Established Member
Should be a cool build once she's all finished.... Who's putting the motor together for you?

96lasersvt

Established Member
What gears are you gonna go with?
Sounds exactly like my build except im going with a big bore 12:1 shortblock and will have a big stall a6. Cant wait to see what it makes!!!!

2013paxtonbeast

Established Member
Right now I have 3.73 gears but will be going up to 4.10s because of the gearing in my magnum. What are the details of your engine build I loooked into doing that but wow it was expensive to do the big bore and i didnt want to go with lockouts or limiters on my cams so going with aftermarket pistons was kinda out of the question. Shaun said pretty much any after market piston would require limiters or lockouts. Im sure there are exceptions but detailed clearances would need to be know. By sticking with the boss internals he said there are no concerns as long as I keep it below 8k

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
Are there any drawbacks to limiters or lockouts? Or did you just not want them? I want to do cams and I was wondering what the difference between lockouts and limiters?

96lasersvt

Established Member
Right now I have 3.73 gears but will be going up to 4.10s because of the gearing in my magnum. What are the details of your engine build I loooked into doing that but wow it was expensive to do the big bore and i didnt want to go with lockouts or limiters on my cams so going with aftermarket pistons was kinda out of the question. Shaun said pretty much any after market piston would require limiters or lockouts. Im sure there are exceptions but detailed clearances would need to be know. By sticking with the boss internals he said there are no concerns as long as I keep it below 8k

Im still collecting parts right now lol. Already have the boss heads and comp 3's, cj intake and tb. Im gonna send my block to livernois and have it resleeved and me and a friend are gonna put it together. Any piston for a big bore will be custom and im hoping i can get some deeper valve notches than stock. If not and it wont clear, then ill just use the limiters.

twistedneck

Established Member
NA build could use the extra pt. of compression by running E85 with 12:1. I'm sure Manley has this worked out already with a nice deep pocket piston - or from any good builder like L&M Diamond pistons and just tell them the cam you plan on and they will cut the pockets as needed. you don't need a bunch of lift with the coyote - 13mm is enough. Huge duration on the exhaust is where you will run into trouble.

NA builds need static compression ratio to support high rpm and increased torque.

You should also seek out a piston designed for NA not some huge ring land supercharger piston. save mass in the piston, keep the cooling jets.

ford20

Established Member

The Livernois Big Bore? What kind of displacement is it do you know? I see on their site it is 5.1 but I have heard of people going to 5.3.

96lasersvt

Established Member
NA build could use the extra pt. of compression by running E85 with 12:1. I'm sure Manley has this worked out already with a nice deep pocket piston - or from any good builder like L&M Diamond pistons and just tell them the cam you plan on and they will cut the pockets as needed. you don't need a bunch of lift with the coyote - 13mm is enough. Huge duration on the exhaust is where you will run into trouble.

NA builds need static compression ratio to support high rpm and increased torque.

You should also seek out a piston designed for NA not some huge ring land supercharger piston. save mass in the piston, keep the cooling jets.

Yeah. Mine will be 12:1 on e85. Prob gonna get up with mahle on the pistons, they make the ones for the cj so shouldnt have a prob with the ones im gonna need. And i dont think my 13 has the cooling jets.

Users who are viewing this thread