n/a rwhp

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
What kind of power are you guys getting out of these 3vs fully built n/a ?

Define fully built.

With a lot of bolt-ons (full exhaust, intake, delete plates, pullies, and a nice set of cams) shops have been cranking out 340-360 rwhp. I know one shop has shot for 400 rwhp (not sure if they ever achieved that).

But fully built could be heads, different block, etc...

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
fully built as in what ever stroker high cr ported heads cam etc..

I mean, the hp is endless to an extent then I guess? Same principles apply as any car. Higher cubic inch, compression, etc will give more hp. Do a search on google for highly modified n/a 3v's.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
JDM is making 400 rwhp with an n/a 3V. 298 Stroker, 11:1 (I think), ported heads, Comp cams, LTs, all supporting mods and they are making like 401 rwhp.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
JDM is making 400 rwhp with an n/a 3V. 298 Stroker, 11:1 (I think), ported heads, Comp cams, LTs, all supporting mods and they are making like 401 rwhp.

Awesome. I have mad respect for JDM, they are amazing. But in my honest opinion, a stroker plus all the supporting mods to crank out 401 rwhp is just not worth it. Yes, n/a pulls way harder than F.I. but if you think of the cost between a blower or turbo and then factor in what it costs to make a n/a motor match that, it just doesn't make sense.

StStang0702

SVT Poster
Established Member
well i have a 3v with intake 90mm maf exhausts a 93 tune and a tune for my maf and i dynoed at 285hp/299ft-lb at 5800rpm with 20"wheels, was told by a guy around me that with cams, pullies, delete plates, and a good tune ill be hitting around 320hp at the wheels..

2k6silvergt

Established Member
Also check out BBR if you're interested in n/a stangs. They have had a few 380rwhp+. But like blck04gt said it really isn't worth the money considering you can pretty much get a blower for the same price and make much more hp.

S197GT

Established Member
A member on another forum that I am on has made almost that much power on motor. Here is his mod list.

Comp stage II SPR cams, 127500
Livernois Stage II Heads
FRPP CAI
Steeda Carbon Fiber inlet elbow,
Steeda race delete plates
Steeda UD pulleys
Kooks long tube catted x-pipe
Kooks Race Axle backs
FRPP 4.10 gears
FRPP lowering springs
Stoptech braide brake lines
Hawk HPS pads
Hurst billet short throw
BMR K Member
BMR Race A arms
Bilstein Shocks/struts
BMR adjustable panhard bar
spydershaft Aluminum DS
BMR LCA's with RELO brackets
Metco ADJ UCA.
Spec Stage I clutch

He is laying down 389 at the rear wheels. It would be easy to top 400rwhp n/a. You could do it with the stage 3 heads and cams, but then low end torque will suffer.

BBR has a video on their website of them clearing 400, but they say it wasn't streetable because they were running out of fuel on the stock injectors.

Last edited:

gpsmatt

Established Member
my friend has a 05gt before he went turbo he had the pro motion delete plates bbr stage 2 cams JLT cold air and greg at RET tuned it and he put down 330 rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread