N2MB 2 Step help.

havok209

US Army
Established Member
The 2 step only works after the car has just been started. If I try it after I've been driving it for 30 secs or so, it doesn't work. Is that normal or is there anything I can adjust to fix it? Here are the current settings and TPS/Clutch snapshots.

photo4_zpsd82315b4.jpg

photo3_zpsae536ccc.jpg

photo2_zps0603f7c2.jpg

photo1_zpse4066cfc.gif

sethahoward

Established Member
I was having the same trouble. I would get to the line and the 2 step didn't work. But i figured it out... The lockout rpms are set to 1500 and in the directions they make it sound like it has to be below that for the 2 step to work when floored. But it actually has to be below 1500 rpms before you initially push the clutch in. So I will go to the water box, do a burnout, and then bump it into neutral. I coast a little bit and let the rpms die down to an idle, and then push the clutch in, put it in gear and pull up to the line. Give that a try. How do you like the WOT box so far? I love mine.

havok209

US Army
Established Member
Really? That was probably my problem. I hit up N2MB for support and the guy (Jon) was EXTREMELY helpful. Talked me through some trouble shooting, helped me adjust the settings and now it's working very well. Not sure if it was because of something he helped fix or that I'm starting to be a lot more attentive when using it. Either way, the 2 step works now. Almost too good, actually. I just got back from testing it out and the 2 step was coming on while downshifting at higher RPMs. I came home and turned on the lockout at 1500 and haven't tried it again but I'm sure that should take care of it.

Anyways, the WOT box is AWESOME. Shifting is so much easier/faster. With my current fuel system, which is still returnless, I was having issues with it bucking after going WOT after changing gears. That's definitely not a problem anymore. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone interested in not being slow. lol

sethahoward

Established Member
Make sure you don't just leave the shift time on automatic. Start at like 150 ms and go down as you get more comfortable with it. It's a whole other level.

Users who are viewing this thread