N2mb or msd box!

Crazyredsvt

Established Member
I do dig racing no lift shifts and and roll racing looking for the box that’s made for me and have no idea what to get. Fbo cams E85 stock block 830rwhp

PM-Performance

Established Member
N2mb works great. Has 2 step and no lift and can add a shift light . Hard to pass up for the price.
You can find them Pre-Owned but unused for $75-100 all day long.

Beercules

Established Member
to make sure you know, any 2 step device can cause stock timing components to break, mandating an engine rebuild. I think that's just at launch though.

Willie

Established Member
I've had both, but their functions are not quite the same. I'll just tell you my experience on the MSD. The two rotary rpm adjustment pots are made of plastic and turned with a small flathead screwdriver, which can easily damage the receiver slots (for lack of a better term). Also, I found that after a year or so, the set rpm no longer worked. I would have the limiter set to 3,000 rpm for example, but the engine would cut out at 1,400 rpm. I contacted MSD and they replaced it... only for the problem to repeat again. I would not buy another one.

The positive side to the MSD is the coil wiring harness. It can be used with the Vampire knock detection system, which makes it SUPER EASY to install. Either this or splice into each and every coil wire....

Users who are viewing this thread