N2MB WOTBOX - Ricer question inside

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
Hey guys, I don't drive a Termi ('15 5.0 with bolt-ons and E85) but it seems like this is where I would get the most answers since a lot of Terminator guys run the wot-box.

My question is - what can I do to get this thing to bang and backfire between shifts? The no-lift shift feature seems to be working just fine as well as the 2-step but it doesn't produce any drama between shifts like the Cobras and GT500's do. I've seen multiple videos as well as real life WOTBOX backfires and I think it's awesome when they backfire between shifts. Unfortunatley my car has only made any noticeable bang between shifts twice and I don't know how to do it on command.

At the moment, I have the car set to auto for the NLS. Is it possible that I don't backfire because I'm N/A? I've tried stabbing the clutch and holding the gas for a split second directly after a hard pull and nothing happened.

My apologies in advance, I know this isn't a typical question but I think it's a cool bonus of the WOTBOX and want to catch some of my buddies off guard with it.

Thanks!

b_dike

Established Member
OP if you still have cats you really shouldn't be using the no lift shift feature. The backfires are essentially from raw fuel being dumped into the exhaust (which is a tune issue) where it ignites. That fuel however will eventually destroy your catalytic converters. The cats are probably blocking any back fire from getting to the tips anyway. If you really want the flames you need to get rid of the cats.

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
I need to update my sig, my bad. I'm running 3" MAK cat deletes into a 3" Corsa Xtreme exhaust.

03' White Snake

Established Member
:dw:

Or you use the WOTBOX for what it was designed for..... drag racing, not foolish IG videos.

Users who are viewing this thread