N2O question

jp2134

Established Member
I know nothing about nitrous kits.
What makes the kit year specific? The length of the lines?
I can get an EXTRA cheap kit, but on the site, it says its for 86-98 mustang. Its never been on a car. Would this be something I could still use on my 14?

Thanks everyone!

hopony

Established Member
I

I know nothing about nitrous kits.
What makes the kit year specific? The length of the lines?
I can get an EXTRA cheap kit, but on the site, it says its for 86-98 mustang. Its never been on a car. Would this be something I could still use on my 14?

Thanks everyone!

Full throttle switch would be mechanical for 86 to 98. If it is a nozzle kit I am sure you could make it work as long as you get full throttle switch for fly by wire on new mustang.

jp2134

Established Member
Yeah, its the nozzle zex dry kit. I wanted a wet system, but the guy doesn't want a lot for it. About half the price of a new one for the coyote.

jp2134

Established Member
Still not cheaper than what i'm getting with a 10lb bottle.

This is the kit number: ZEX #82015

If all I need is a throttle switch, and i'm good, i'm going for it.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Remember though, your getting a nitrous box (which are known to go bad) over a straight lightning solenoid which will offer a better flow.

But I was curious on the price so I did google it and here are the top website pricings I noticed:

ZEX 82015 DRY NITROUS KIT JETS AND INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS | eBay

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-82015

ZEX Nitrous 82015 ZEX EFI Nitrous Systems - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

ZEX 82015 EFI Dry Nitrous Kit Ford Mustang 1986-1995 5.0L, 1996-1998 4.6L

EFI Dry Nitrous System Kit Zex 82015 - Pace Performance Parts

One thing we did was when we designed our kit, we looked up just about everyone's dry kit pricing and wanted a cheaper kit. And if you are looking for a 10lb bottle, its not hard to swap things around.

But if you did find it cheaper. Kudo's to you good sir and good luck with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NitrousExpress

Established Member
The Reaper system is very well designed, and it has been proven to take a coyote just like yours into the 10's, I am sure that if you gave Steve a call he will help get you a great deal. One of the awesome things about the Reaper system they offer is that is utilizes our top of the line Lightning solenoids. These are made with top of the line billet aluminum and carbon fiber. Not only are they lighter weight, they flow more nitrous, but they open at higher pressure and will take more abuse. It is priced competitively, effective, and Blow By racing offers this system as well as a tune, which is something you will more than likely need since you are running a dry system. They can get you a package deal with a tune, and a system, and they always love to work with our fellow forum members and take care of their guys. By choosing BBR and NX product, you have tech help anytime you pick up the phone, there is no waiting on hold, or talking to a computer. We are always here to help our guys out with any issues they have, and customer service is a number one priority.

-Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread