NA C5 battles 2 crack fed C6s

PilledV8s

Established Member
I ran my former boss's 05 C6 A4 (3.15 axle) today in my C5 6spd (470-480rwhp NA). His mods are 3200stall, CAI, 125 wet shot, 230/228 cam, stock heads, Kooks LTs and tune. On motor cam only, he made 417rwhp and on the gas he made 535rwhp. We run from 60mph with him on the giggle juice and I get him by 3/4 car to 120.... Now before some of you magazine readers and "higher horsepower always win" guys jump on here and call B.S., his car is an A4 auto and 60 wasn't the best spot for him. From 25mph, He got me by a car, but after 120, I would pull past him. That overdrive gear really kills his pull.

I have a buddy that has an '06 C6 A6 paddle shifter (2.56 axle) with just LTs, CAI, tune and a 150 wet shot. Im not sure of his numbers he puts down b/c he's secretive about his dyno numbers, but I ran him from 45mph we both start in 2nd. 2nd dead even, 3rd dead even, 4th dead even, I go to 5th gear, we're going 160+ and he pulls 1 car out on me.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Wow, 160. I raced an LS3 Vette to 140ish yesterday and thought I was going ridiculously fast for the highway. Nice kills and death.

PilledV8s

Established Member
Well when it's side by side bumper to bumper throughout each gear, you're going to have the tendency to keep the pedal planted until either car pulled an inch or a bumper. in our case, once i went into 5th (3.42 gearing) he was still pulling (2.56 gearing), so once he pulled 1 car out we both shut down. Thats how close it was. Neck and Neck to 160.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
wow, soundslike fun. I guess I see why you kept running. Def. not stopping til one came out on top. Maybe time to even things up w/ them and play them at their own game......nitrous anyone??? hahahahaa good runs.

ExTurbo

Established Member
damn i never take it up past 4th generally...if i really need to edge someone out i'll use 5th which takes me out to like 163 or so, but ive also got 3.91 gears. nice races though LS3's are no joke out of the box, let alone on spray:eek:

PilledV8s

Established Member
damn i never take it up past 4th generally...if i really need to edge someone out i'll use 5th which takes me out to like 163 or so, but ive also got 3.91 gears. nice races though LS3's are no joke out of the box, let alone on spray:eek:

It was an LS2 on the dope

ExTurbo

Established Member
ah i got ya must have misread. Either way its a nice kill for ya. I know what you mean about the auto's though (especially on the highway) they are out of their element against a 6 speed on the highway anyday

PilledV8s

Established Member
ah i got ya must have misread. Either way its a nice kill for ya. I know what you mean about the auto's though (especially on the highway) they are out of their element against a 6 speed on the highway anyday

The A4s are, but the A6s don't have that problem

Users who are viewing this thread