NASA HPDE & HyperDrives Nov 3 & 4

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Riding on the heels of Doug's vid thread, I thought I would make an honest attempt to get some of you guys out there before the season ends. A pretty decent group of us fmor 6Speed are going to be there with GT-Rs, Porsche, Loti, etc. Would love to see you guys come out. You drive at your own pace, it's not a race and it's a total blast. Here is what I have posted over on The 6.

I know many of you have expressed an interest in trying your car out at the track just once to see how it feels, etc. This is one of the last chances of this season to get on it!

NASA has an open event on the weekend of Nov 3 & 4th that I know of at least 6 6'ers are going and a few of my Cobra guys are instructing. I will be singing up tonight and hope that some of you potential Newb's would join us. Either for one or both days.

Here is the sign up and info link.
NASA Mid-Atlantic » One More Weekend of Fun, Nov 3-4 @ SP!

You will need the following items to participate.
1. A tech form signed by a registered mechanic. Basically brakes, tire wear, check for NO leaks, and that all loose items have been completely removed including but not limited to carpets, loose cameras, duffle bags, etc.

2. A Snell rated helmet. I believe my SA05 is still good this year only, then I will need to update to a SA10, I believe.

3. A copy of your registration form and your class. If you have never done this, you are not forced to go really fast, you will have an instructor automatically assigned to you. He will be very easy with you and your vehicle so as not to scare you away. It is an incredible experience once you have your hands on the wheel.

That is all that is needed! Any of you regular trck junkies may chime in here but I will trailer my car up for the luxury of having the truck for storage, parts, food and drink, and whatever else may be needed. Most just drive up in their car, run it, then drive home. That's just as fun.

I would love to get a few of you involved as you sounded really amped to do this. I hope this particular weekend is open for you and we can make this an annual or even a bigger part of the 6Speeder Crew experience.

Give some feedback if you want to attend but are unsure of what the next step is. Believe me, I have only done this about 6 times and loved it every time, just let work and family take priority and at 13, my lil girl needs a lil more right now. These are really fun times I don't want to miss and she actually encourages me to have my fun too. So, I am lucky that I get plenty of play time.

Post up, Homies!!!!!

Scott

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
HPDE 1 & 2 are now wait listed. There is only one on HPDE1 wait list as of this typing and that's because he got a cancellation which happens frequently. There STILL IS TIME! When you hit the register link, go to the very bottom and click 'Wait List'. Register then follow up with Jon immediately and you will most likely get in. If you don't follow up, you will be on the virtual list.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Scott, don't worry too much about that. Do you have an assigned number yet? I have some 12" magnetic number boards you can apply any sticky number from a motorcycle shop onto. Or you can run my 12" 90 (or 9, 6, 0, 60, 06, 09).

Doug, Paul, Chris, Rick, Brooks, Simon and Harry are instructing this weekend, I'm not. All of them are Mustang/Cobra drivers except Paul and Brooks, wonder if you'll get one of them.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Yeah Scott. They really are not that particular. Especially since your instructor is going to tech your car. I ran 8" numbers for a long time and I think my current numbers are 9".

Also for anyone else who may be interested but are detered by the tech sheet having to be signed by a shop, don't worry about that either. You can inspect your own car, but take it seriously. Make sure it is safe and don't cut any corners. Your brakes, tires and general maintenance items like belts and hoses should be in good shape. After all if your car has a mechanical failure and ends up against a tire wall you are going to be the only one that suffers, so just bring a mechanically sound car. Take it from a guy who has done the show car and drag race thing pretty seriously, a road course is way more fun. That's why it costs a little more.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
The Bull is trying to get some guys to do a run out there Saturday for the hell of it. If anyone wants in, I can pass your name on. I got Timmay on the official List.

brianz426

Established Member
My November weekends are booked. I'll be looking forward to doing one in the future.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
:cryying:

Leaving now.

Did I mention that there is usually free beer on Saturday night.

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I had a buddy come up with me and took some pics and a couple of vids. Only my lil red wagon but at least its something. It was really a great time out. Couldn't make it back today for work related deadline in the morning but in one day my instructor pushed me real hard. First session I was at 120mph down the main straight. By the third session I was at 144mph. Running from 144 and shutting it down to 35mph within 100ft +/- for turn 1 is a very cool G-force feeling. Learned alot about the car and that there is even more to get out of it. Next season.

NASA pictures by svtmaca - Photobucket

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
That explains why I couldn't find you today. :idea:
Was hoping for a ride-along. I just hung with Doug, Harry, the Ricks & Simon.

We need to mount a video camera in your car. I'd love to see how it takes T-10. Did you note your speed through there? It plays a big role in your straight speed.

Good pics. You should see what ones Chris Schutze at Finish Line Productions got of you.
http://finishlineprod.net/nasa/index.htm

[edit] They're not up yet.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Sorry I was not able to catch up with you Scott. I was running around a lot with 2 students on Saturday. I saw you loaded up and leaving while I was sitting in my students car on grid.

I did not get any vids this weekend. My tires are shot. I was sliding around everywhere.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I did get my last run on video, just need to cut it down and post. Still don't know how to edit these vids.

End of season runs brings out the tired car parts. One friends 944 cup car had a boost line pop on the first session and had to be towed in. Then on the second session he snapped a drive shaft that was recently replaced and was done for the weekend. Also, there was a brand new GT-R that lost his steering. I don't mean fluid, I mean the wheel spun and thw wheels were detached. Thankfully, he was in a low speed area. Turns out the linkage bolt was loose allowing it to spin. Man, that could have been real nasty.

All in all I was very hyped by the last run.

Oh, my lap time was about 1:38. I think that's a decent time.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
TTB_time_last_summer.png

Users who are viewing this thread