National Average on new car prices...GT500

Kimcobra

Established Member
So without having to run a quote, what was the real price of a gt500?

41221.00 great price. I am in the market but not in a hurry.Its the % rate that is wacked,dealers are telling me that 9% is as low as they can go on the GT500s. If it wasn't for that I would already have one.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Kid here (just turned 21 parents bought it for him) picked up a white with blue stripe coupe for $39k out the door. They said the dealer was happy to get rid of it. I'm trying to locate a similar car for a friend who has cash and wants to buy one.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Kid here (just turned 21 parents bought it for him) picked up a white with blue stripe coupe for $39k out the door. They said the dealer was happy to get rid of it. I'm trying to locate a similar car for a friend who has cash and wants to buy one.

Was that a 08 or 09?

Lowest Ive seen a 09 for was 39,900 and that was in California. They have the best deals it seems like. :shrug:

mkeane

Established Member

heres one in Jonesboro AR, its white w/blue stripes, they have had it for awhile, might be willing to deal....Search New Inventory at Cavenaugh Ford Lincoln Mercury LLC - Your Jonesboro, Arkansas Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
I went to the Ford stealership this morning, there is a left over 2008 gt500 that has been on the lot forever and the salesman tells me "We'll let it go for MSRP" which was $45k and made it sound like I was getting a great deal, I laughed in his face and told him good luck having that car sit on your lot for another year or two....these guys are so shady it's pathetic.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I went to the Ford stealership this morning, there is a left over 2008 gt500 that has been on the lot forever and the salesman tells me "We'll let it go for MSRP" which was $45k and made it sound like I was getting a great deal, I laughed in his face and told him good luck having that car sit on your lot for another year or two....these guys are so shady it's pathetic.

From what I found. They arent gonna give you lowest number right from the start. If they say 45k and you are like ok lets do the deal they make alot more money.
Once you actually sit down with them and make offer is when the real numbers come out.
I havent seen a new 08 for sale in some time. The 3000 dollar rebate cleaned them out of dealerships.
Lowest Ive seen a 09 was 39,900 with all options but Navigation. Saw one fully loaded for 41,600.
So the deals are out there just have to search around.

Kimcobra

Established Member
From what I found. They arent gonna give you lowest number right from the start. If they say 45k and you are like ok lets do the deal they make alot more money.
Once you actually sit down with them and make offer is when the real numbers come out.
I havent seen a new 08 for sale in some time. The 3000 dollar rebate cleaned them out of dealerships.
Lowest Ive seen a 09 was 39,900 with all options but Navigation. Saw one fully loaded for 41,600.
So the deals are out there just have to search around.

39900.00 isn't bad,The loweat price around here from what I have be told is 43,756.00.thats with the 3000.00 rebate on the 09s.
I tried to find what dealers in my area had them,I found more used Gt500s within 300 miles of me then I could mustangs for sale,If I could get a better rate on a used one I might do that,but used car rates are 8.8%. :bash:

TxSVTCobra

Established Member
National Average

So will you be using this to negotiate with the dealership when your 2010 comes in? I wish you all the luck, keep us informed what kind of deal you get on your Shelby. Also going to order my 2010 Kona Blue Shelby, but trying to discuss on me buying the car at invoice with a friend who is a general sales manager at my local Ford dealership. If I can't purchase the vehicle at invoice or just above invoice, will wait for a little more cash and order a Corvette Z06. Wife would prefer for me to purchase a Corvette instead.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I found a 2007 GT500 with 1800 miles. It has sirius, trim, and the Shaker 1000 options. What is a fair offer for the car?

2007GT500.gif

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
heres one in Jonesboro AR, its white w/blue stripes, they have had it for awhile, might be willing to deal....Search New Inventory at Cavenaugh Ford Lincoln Mercury LLC - Your Jonesboro, Arkansas Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer

Called these jokers here is his response:

(subject line was "so $39k is your offer?)

Click here for the window sticker.

He can buy it for the invoice cost of $43,045.

Dan Welte
Cavenaugh Auto Group
Director of Internet Sales
(870) 253-3260 Cell
[email protected]

I told him nice try and thanks but too many dealers trying to max out on leftover 09's when 2010's are on the lot.

War Eagle

Established Member
Grabber Blue 2010 at local Dealer MSRP $47,175

Guys,

I have a torch red 2010 on order but there is a Grabber Blue 2010 that just came in and is sitting on the dealer lot here in Panama City, Fla. I was just over there yesterday and it is beautiful but does not have HID headlamps.

The Dealer is Cook Whitehead Ford and their main # is 850-784-0400. If you call try and get thru to the sales manager, his name is Jimmy Darnell, don't screw around with a salesman.

I think they are trying to get MSRP $48,175 since it is here and available right now.

I know Jimmy and he is a pretty good guy but I would be surprised if you are able to buy it for less than MSRP. Use my name if it helps,

Good Luck

Steve Dunn
Panama City Fla.

Last edited:

mkeane

Established Member
Called these jokers here is his response:

(subject line was "so $39k is your offer?)

Click here for the window sticker.

He can buy it for the invoice cost of $43,045.

Dan Welte
Cavenaugh Auto Group
Director of Internet Sales
(870) 253-3260 Cell
[email protected]

I told him nice try and thanks but too many dealers trying to max out on leftover 09's when 2010's are on the lot.

let him sit on it for another year:rollseyes

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
let him sit on it for another year:rollseyes

I agree. I told him leftover 09's are out there and my buddy isn't in a hurry. They will lose a sale on a difficult car to sell and probably will have it a year from now. I appreciate the heads up though, it was worth a shot.

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
There's an 08 KR Silver w/ Blue stripes fully loaded going for $69,995 out here in Washington State until the end of the month. Everyone else is still sitting on their 08's & 09's at $82K-ish.

Users who are viewing this thread