National Signing Day thread

fly4navy117

Established Member
Auburn had a few surprises this morning, but I think we are done for the day. Only possible one left in my mind is Oku, but I think he sticks with Tenn. How are your classes shaping up?

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
UGA is doing pretty good. The biggest surprise for me was the prospect turning from Southern Cal and going to USC (south carolina)

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I love signing day...all the media gather to boost the egos of 18 year old athletes who wouldn't be going to college if it weren't for football. Then the primadonna's sit in front of the cameras with 12 hats and pretend they're going to pick one and then at the last second pick up another one and put it on.

Then we have my Buckeyes with Terrell Pryor last year...postponed his announcement for months because apparently he didn't get enough run in the media to sign when everyone else did...he had to do it on his own special day and announced he was going to The University of Ohio State.

Signing day...even though the Bucks are doing well again, I don't care.

LSUstang05

Established Member
LSU is shaping up to have a top 3 recruiting class and possibly the #1 recruiting class. I'm pretty happy with our recruits so far, especially Shepard and Craig Loston. Hopefully we land Rueben Randle, though!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
LSU is shaping up to have a top 3 recruiting class and possibly the #1 recruiting class. I'm pretty happy with our recruits so far, especially Shepard and Craig Loston. Hopefully we land Rueben Randle, though!

Watching ESPN this morning Todd Luginbill said LSU will have the #1 class, but some will inevitably be academically ineligible...seriously! So that's how recruiting goes? Sign people you don't even know will get into the school? WTF?

LSUstang05

Established Member
Watching ESPN this morning Todd Luginbill said LSU will have the #1 class, but some will inevitably be academically ineligible...seriously! So that's how recruiting goes? Sign people you don't even know will get into the school? WTF?
I wouldn't be surprised. But Shepard is apparently doing well here academically and at practice. I'm hoping the stars we recruit get it together and stay eligible lol

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised. But Shepard is apparently doing well here academically and at practice. I'm hoping the stars we recruit get it together and stay eligible lol

I know, and it happens everywhere...I just was a little surprised when he said that some of them won't make grades. IMO, football players are athlete-students, not student-athletes.

1993R

Established Member
My son signed his LOI for soccer today at school with another kid who was going to Navy on football. His dad is the strength coach at UGAY.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Looks like UM is doing middle of the road. 1 5-star recruit and a bunch of 4 stars. Texas did well again. Funny thing about the Texas recruits, they're ranked with a #3 class, and every single one except one is from Texas.

LSUstang05

Established Member
LSU looks good!

Just signed Rueben Randle, too! Top QB recruit, Strong Safety recruit, and top Wide Receiver recruits this year (along with a slew of others on d-line and o-line). GEAUX TIGERS and we are going to have one helluva year next year!

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Apparently UF lost two recruits to UT because of academic ineligibility reasons today. I guess it's true that you don't need to spell UT to attend...

Last I saw UF's class was down to #21 per scout's rankings. But, we are so loaded with returnees it's almost unfair. Our entire starting defense AND first set of reserves come back... which is unheard of. Our biggest weakness was going to be offensive tackle and we signed the #1 offensive tackle in the country (Xavier Nixon). We also got a play maker I hope will take over Percy Harvin's role (#3 WR Andre Debose).

Glad to see the SEC dominating the recruiting boards again. I think LSU & Alabama are stocking up for some serious longevity. Their last few years have been great in recruiting.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Apparently UF lost two recruits to UT because of academic ineligibility reasons today. I guess it's true that you don't need to spell UT to attend...

Last I saw UF's class was down to #21 per scout's rankings. But, we are so loaded with returnees it's almost unfair. Our entire starting defense AND first set of reserves come back... which is unheard of. Our biggest weakness was going to be offensive tackle and we signed the #1 offensive tackle in the country (Xavier Nixon). We also got a play maker I hope will take over Percy Harvin's role (#3 WR Andre Debose).

Glad to see the SEC dominating the recruiting boards again. I think LSU & Alabama are stocking up for some serious longevity. Their last few years have been great in recruiting.

No doubt. The up-and-coming powerhouses in the SEC will be Florida, LSU, Bama (in no particular order) with Ole Piss being a spoiler team. Sucks that the West is going to have 2 really good teams to fight for the division. I can see Florida going to the SEC Champ game every year for a few years as there is nobody in the East right now that can even get close to matching their caliber.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Nixon is actually the #3 ranked OT, according to Rivals. Still badass though. UM moved up to #7. Keep on rolling Blue!

1993R

Established Member
To where?

He had a couple of offers in D2/D3 etc..but decided to attend a small private school called Young Harris College.
The coach is from Scotland and runs a program better than all the schools we visited.His HS wanted to make a big deal about it but we kept it pretty low key. It's all about the best fit and training.Probably wont play much next year but in sophmore year expect to see some real action.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread