Nav & Stereo Done!

Venomous04

Established Member
Big thanks to RickSVT for a quality custom setup at a great price. Of course I had to roll on all the dynomat, what a freakin' pain in the ass!

I've had the stereo/nav system now for about 3 weeks and here's my opinions

- The Eclipse AVN5435 is an amazing navigation system, easy to use and works great for finding detours.
- The stereo setup is exactly what I wanted, sounds amazing at low volumes and equaly amazing at high volumes.
- The Dynomat Extreme although a giant pain in the ass to install was a good investment, with the sub pounding away there is little no no audible rattle outside the car, not to mention less road/drivetrain noise in the car.
- The iPod interface for the Eclipse AVN5435 is not all that impressive. Yes I can hook up my ipod but I can't use any of my playlists. Essentially the only usable option is random play.
- The MP3 playback is nice execpt the random feature only works on the current directory so if you say organize your music by artist/album in sperate directories your out of luck. Best option is to just put all mp3's in a single directory.

Summary of parts installed:
Nav Unit..........Eclipse AVN5435
Amp................Memphis Belle 16-MCH1300
Fronts.............JL XR570-CSi
Rears..............JL XR570-CXi
Sub................TC Sounds TC-3000 12

Photos:

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

:rockon:

Marc.

Last edited:

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Rick is trying to talk me into that sub. How do you like it? What subs have you had in the past and how does is it's performance in comparison?

VERY nice setup!

Venomous04

Established Member
My last stereo setup was 2 x 10" MB Quart Reference subs powered by a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 500 amp. I got to say this setup blows my previous setup out of the water. There are a few reasons for this. I didn't upgrade the components on my last setup so the bass overpowered the mids and highs. The JL's sound great and really compliment the rich deep bass of the TC-3000.I didn't have a powerful enough amp so the bass although loud wasn't clean at anything other than low-mid volume. For what I spent on just the MB Quart subs you can buy this sub and the JL’s front and rear which I highly recommend.

Next weekend (or so) I got to run up to Ricks to install the Fiore Micro-Click Firewall Adj. & Clutch Quadrant Kit and hopefully get my Level 5’s installed by Ellis, if your around you are welcome to come listen to my setup and judge for yourself.

Marc.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Just by it Will....

The box I built turned out nice, see how much extra room you still have in the trunk for your junk. Wills already got the JL components, I sold him the ones out of my cobra..:)

Rick

Venomous04

Established Member
Oh in that case, ya man just buy the sub :p

As for room, I can fit my golf clubs, shoes and laptop in the trunk with room to spare. The net is handy to keep things from touching the sub. Once Rick gets off his lazy ass we are going to put a grill over the sub right Rick? :p

Marc.

torquemonster

Established Member
Venomous04 said:
You can always compensate for weight with power ;)

Marc.

which= massives a mounts of money that i dont have, haha. for now, i'll just try to loose some weight, and down the road, i'll get some power and throw whatever weight i want back in...

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Venomous04 said:
Next weekend (or so) I got to run up to Ricks to install the Fiore Micro-Click Firewall Adj. & Clutch Quadrant Kit and hopefully get my Level 5’s installed by Ellis, if your around you are welcome to come listen to my setup and judge for yourself.

Marc.

Marc, just let Rick know when you're this way and I'll swing on by....

Rick, let's use those bars across the sub like we saw at VTR on Marc's car.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
I have bars for his sub already...:) I just havent put them on yet cause of the excursion on the sub, I have to make a spacer

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread