Navigation

01silverstang

Established Member
Are you saying "obviously" to be a douche or because you were never taught courtesy? Do you know for a fact what all hardware is needed or are you just upping your post count with useless information? As well if you ever need any information in reference to your Lightning I did have the 13th fastest Lightning in the nation at one time. I do know lightnings well.

:lol: Way to "come at me bro" to the owner of the forum you are on...

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
Damn anyone else going to jump on his nuts?

I will:D Woody has been a member on this site since 2003 and he doesn't know

that SID is the OWNER of this site? That is hard to believe right there and

several people gave him a heads up but he still doesn't look right under SID's

name where it says owner/admin. He should feel lucky he wasn't banned for

insulting another member (the owner lol) outside of smackdown. And in my

opinion SID wasn't being a smart ass at all. Woody got all butt hurt for

absolutely nothing. That's my 2 cents:thumbsup:

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Yes I have been on here since early 2003, however I have usually used this board as a way of finding information I needed; Not to figure out who was who. If you're upset SID please, by all means ban me. I have never started anything on here...ever. I took what you said as truly disrespectful in the sense that, to me you were saying I was too stupid to come up with I would need what was in the GT500 to do this. Clearly I didn't like that someone I do not know saying I am too stupid to come to that conclusion. I searched to see if anyone had done this swap, having no results I posted this hoping someone on here knew either how to do it or where I could look to find the information.

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
Yes I have been on here since early 2003, however I have usually used this board as a way of finding information I needed; Not to figure out who was who. If you're upset SID please, by all means ban me. I have never started anything on here...ever. I took what you said as truly disrespectful in the sense that, to me you were saying I was too stupid to come up with I would need what was in the GT500 to do this. Clearly I didn't like that someone I do not know saying I am too stupid to come to that conclusion. I searched to see if anyone had done this swap, having no results I posted this hoping someone on here knew either how to do it or where I could look to find the information.

Wow!! Save him the trouble and ban yourself. You are the only one that

thinks what he said was disrespectful.

Swoope

Established Member

wow,

his answer was correct.

beers

MyStang2010GB

Established Member

Are you always this much of a dick...or are you just having a bad life??

whitedevil0321

Established Member
Let me guess, retired at E-7 and being USAF that's the best you could come up with.

Bhahaha i'n the chair force .. I feel woody is i'n the right he politely asked a question and I feel it was a smartass answer. He should have just listed what woody needed or not answer at all. Yes he might have created the site but does that give him the right to smart talk someone but once someone says something back everyone things they should be banned.. That's pretty childish. If you asked what's needed to do a turbo kit would you want the answer a turbo kit. No I think not.. So I think everyone needs to take a step back and stop swinging off SIDS nuts. if you have any insightful help for woody to respond other then that leave it alone. Woody I bought my aftermarket i'n dash touch screen for 250 and it has navigation and bluetooth

Last edited:

MyStang2010GB

Established Member
Bhahaha i'n the chair force .. I feel woody is i'n the right he politely asked a question and I feel it was a smartass answer. He should have just listed what woody needed or not answer at all. Yes he might have created the site but does that give him the right to smart talk someone but once someone says something back everyone things they should be banned.. That's pretty childish. If you asked what's needed to do a turbo kit would you want the answer a turbo kit. No I think not.. So I think everyone needs to take a step back and stop swinging off SIDS nuts. if you have any insightful help for woody to respond other then that leave it alone. Woody I bought my aftermarket i'n dash touch screen for 250 and it has navigation and bluetooth

Actually his question was answered and it wasn't a smartass response. I understood his answer perfectly. But then again, I would have just went to the source and asked.....FORD

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Actually his question was answered and it wasn't a smartass response. I understood his answer perfectly. But then again, I would have just went to the source and asked.....FORD

So what did you understand exactly from his answer, maybe those of us that actually wrench on cars can not see the forrest for the trees. Do tell, from his answer what all will be needed for me to do this swap? And FYI, I did speak to several of my friends that work at FORD before I posted here.

MyStang2010GB

Established Member
So what did you understand exactly from his answer, maybe those of us that actually wrench on cars can not see the forrest for the trees. Do tell, from his answer what all will be needed for me to do this swap? And FYI, I did speak to several of my friends that work at FORD before I posted here.

My Ford dealer stated all they needed was a VIN from a navigation equipped car and they could give a print out of what would be needed, including wire harness, to get the same package. His personal opinion was it would cost close to twice what the option would cost had it been ordered on the car. He suggested finding a wrecked Nav equipped car and stripping the components/harness from it.

Doesn't seem to hard to understand..... If I wanted the parts list I'd take a VIN from a Navi car and let him get me a parts list.....

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
My Ford dealer stated all they needed was a VIN from a navigation equipped car and they could give a print out of what would be needed, including wire harness, to get the same package. His personal opinion was it would cost close to twice what the option would cost had it been ordered on the car. He suggested finding a wrecked Nav equipped car and stripping the components/harness from it.

Doesn't seem to hard to understand..... If I wanted the parts list I'd take a VIN from a Navi car and let him get me a parts list.....

Are you saying that from: "You obviously need all the hardware from the GT500, and then you need a dealer to update the flash to make it all compatible.". You got; I should buy a Wrecked nav car and strip it all out, and it would cost twice as much! How did you come to that conclusion?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
As for having the 13th fastest Lightning.....here ya go.
lighter-chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

That cookie looks good, wish I had the 13th fastest Lightning.

MyStang2010GB

Established Member
Are you saying that from: "You obviously need all the hardware from the GT500, and then you need a dealer to update the flash to make it all compatible.". You got; I should buy a Wrecked nav car and strip it all out, and it would cost twice as much! How did you come to that conclusion?

That is not what I said so I will try again for you .............

It would cost twice as much to purchase the components from Ford for the Navi parts versus having purchased a car with the Navi system to begin with. Parts manager suggested finding a wrecked Navi car..not necessarily a GT500 and getting the components that way as you could get the components cheaper than purchasing them new thru Ford. Yes, you would then have to take the car and have it programmed for it to work.........

AlanSVT

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CLOCL3Lz2M&feature=related"]Metra Ford Mustang 2010 99-5823CH - YouTube[/nomedia]

Might be interesting

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
Well this got interesting.

custom_1256950366573_banhammer15gq9.jpg

Woody, you should probably pipe down a bit and learn to hold an adult conversation. SID was spot on with what he said. You're coming off as an over-abrasive knuckle-dragging mouth breather.

C/N - Shut the **** up, Donnie. You're out of your element.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Well this got interesting.

custom_1256950366573_banhammer15gq9.jpg

Woody, you should probably pipe down a bit and learn to hold an adult conversation. SID was spot on with what he said. You're coming off as an over-abrasive knuckle-dragging mouth breather.

C/N - Shut the **** up, Donnie. You're out of your element.

Haha an adult conversation? Really that is what you came up with? Bottom line here is I've been doing this for awhile. Building and racing cars, since around 1990. Seems these days you can't ask a question and get a solid answer. I did ask what was specifically was needed and felt SIDS answer was a smartass remark. I stated my opinion. If Sid doesn't like it he may ban me. Those of you who don't see it as I do are entitled to your opinion of which I could careless. Mystang thanks man I didn't know they were all the same. Alan thanks for the link man.

MyStang2010GB

Established Member
Metra Ford Mustang 2010 99-5823CH - YouTube

Might be interesting

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen the Metra kit and I really don't care for it. After having had the factory Nav in my 2010 the Metra was disappointing. It has the screen sitting too low. The factory uses a separate flat screen display and the electronics are down below it in a separate location. The Metra kit has the after-market screen lower because the screen is part of the head unit and needs to be lower to fit into that space where the factory electronics module fits. I understand why Metra and the Scoushe kits are configured the way they are, but the configuration just doesn't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread