Navigation

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You obviously need all the hardware from the GT500, and then you need a dealer to update the flash to make it all compatible.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
You obviously need all the hardware from the GT500, and then you need a dealer to update the flash to make it all compatible.

Are you saying "obviously" to be a douche or because you were never taught courtesy? Do you know for a fact what all hardware is needed or are you just upping your post count with useless information? As well if you ever need any information in reference to your Lightning I did have the 13th fastest Lightning in the nation at one time. I do know lightnings well.

Last edited:

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
Are you saying "obviously" to be a douche or because you were never taught courtesy? Do you know for a fact what all hardware is needed or are you just upping your post count with useless information? As well if you ever need any information in reference to your Lightning I did have the 13th fastest Lightning in the nation at one time. I do know lightnings well.

Wow!!! Dude take a chill pill he was just letting you know what you need to do.

Aonebadbone

Established Member
Save you're money and get a Garmin . You can put it in any car cost less to upgrade the maps. Less hassle and simpler to use.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Woody said:
Last edited by Woodys2000; Today at 07:30 PM.

Woody...that's your edited post? Take a deep breath and note a couple of minor details:

- Sid was trying to help you

- You disrespected the man that welcomed you into his house and his name is Sid

Take it from someone that made the switch from a Shaker500 to a factory Ford '07-'09 navigation system - it is a royal PIA. You'll get a better return on investment with an aftermarket system than trying to put together a factory system.

I spoke with a rather influential gentleman from Ford Racing regarding them offering the factory nav/sync via the FRPP catalog. I got the sense from his response that the issue wasn't one of making it work but one of "red tape" if you will. Ford gives very careful consideration to anything that may hurt the parts packaging for a given vehicle. Ford Parts seems to be a bit more stringent as well when it comes to FRPP sneaking certain parts out the "back door" and offering them at a hefty discount. Thus, while Ford could piece every part necessary and put it all in a box and ship it off to your doorstep - they have chosen not to allow it.

Hence, I agree with the above. Aftermarket all the way.

Tob

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Wow!!! Dude take a chill pill he was just letting you know what you need to do.

Actually his post had no content. Aonebadbone actually had no real input for what my exact post was about, but offered a complete and sensible solution. So telling me I need to get all the hardware from a GT500 actually tells me nothing if you do not know each piece needed and post it. So as far as chilling, I see no need to, I see there a need to tell people how to respond. To Aonebadbone, thank you, that is a good option.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
PolarBearFacepalm.jpg

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Ok you're saying I don't get it I assume? Anyone care to explain what it is that I do not get?

Oh, I don't know. Being a smart-ass to the OWNER OF SVTP?

As for the topic at hand, as nice the factory nav system is I'm sure it would less of a headache to buy a nice aftermarket H/U and drop it in.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator

Let me translate.....you need the items that the GT500 has that the Boss is missing. Most likely such things as different wiring harness, GPS antennae, etc. I suggest you run back to the rest room, punch the clown quickly so that your panties get out of your ass.

As for having the 13th fastest Lightning.....here ya go.
lighter-chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread