navigator/expy fuel filter

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
i went to the parts store and asked for a navi filter, and the one they gave me was small, im assuming stock lightning size. mine already has a navi on it from the previous owner. is the f250 filter the same, or? let me know would like to get it done tonight

thanks!

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
yep just saw the how to but if the poarts store doesnt have it i was wondering if it was the same. anyone?

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
update. did some reverse searching on the motorcraft website, and it appears to be the same part number as in erics writeup.

f250 fuel filter for a v10 will work:thumbsup:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Yep, the entire setup that I used is off a Gas F 250. I just posted it as the Navi filter since everyone knew it as the Navi filter.

lightningkylej

Established Member
What's the purpose for using the larger filter. Is there any data showing that they flow more fuel or filter to smaller micron's? I change my stock filter every time I change the oil and wonder if there is actually any benefit to doing the switch.

Robert Francis

Established Member
There's no fuel flow advantage in using the larger Navi filter, as fuel flow is limited by the fuel lines. The only advantage to using the larger filter is that it should take longer mileage wise before becoming clogged to where it could hinder fuel flow than the standard size filter.

For those who change their filter often and at a low mileage and believe they always have a fuel station that always supplies "clean" fuel, there should be no advantage to using the larger filter.

But if you're concerned about fuel "cleanliness" even at low mileage intervals, it might be a good idea. Thats why I do it.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Yep I get the same filter for my L as I use on my '99 V10 Superduty. I even bought a SD bracket so it mounts just like Ford intended.

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
What's the purpose for using the larger filter. Is there any data showing that they flow more fuel or filter to smaller micron's? I change my stock filter every time I change the oil and wonder if there is actually any benefit to doing the switch.

I feel bad now, I only change mine about once a year....:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread