NC sucks

jbusmc1986

Got Sig?
Established Member
I am absolutely certain that NC sucks... I have been for the last 2 years, but I can never ever find a race anymore, its bad.... I just drive around looking for trouble, and there arent even any cars to race ( most certainly none worth racing) I just dont get it. :xpl:, I cant wait to put my exhaust back together so I can go back out on the hunt again :coolman:.

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
Yeah most of the guys around here always go to peidmont on thursday nights and just race each other there, when I was growing up in Hickory we went street racing 3 times a week in 3 different counties!

alotahp92gt

Established Member
CPD is indeed open and hooking good this year. They have finally given some attention to the surface. See you around!

Brian

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I've read recently of an effort by law enforcement to bust a cell of backroad illegal racing going on in Nash County in NC. I think that sort of stuff does go on (even around Raleigh) but its only in certain circles. Fayetteville is probably another area where you'll find it.

Ten+ years ago on Capital Boulevard in Raleigh, you'd definitely see action if you wanted it. It wasn't uncommon to see 25-30 Mustang guys sitting around shooting the breeze or cruising. You'd see Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, Eclipses, Supras, etc. out looking for the same thing. Stoplight racing got pretty bad through there and the law started cracking down. Also, if you're living in Raleigh, you know that there is no way that you can do that sort of impromptu racing because of the increased volume of traffic.

Silver 03 Cobra

jbusmc1986 said:
I am absolutely certain that NC sucks... I have been for the last 2 years, but I can never ever find a race anymore, its bad.... I just drive around looking for trouble, and there arent even any cars to race ( most certainly none worth racing) I just dont get it. :xpl:, I cant wait to put my exhaust back together so I can go back out on the hunt again :coolman:.

Why don't you take it to the track? But wait, seems to me the track is the last place you can find a vette. I wanted a C5 LS1 or LS6 so bad I could taste it. All the tracks I ran at, Rockingham, Richmond, Bristol, Darlington, Mooresville, Wilkesboro, Shadyside, Elk Creek, Farmington ......over the years I could count the vettes running on one hand. I finally got to run a C5 LS1 at Rockingham and I beat his ass so bad I could have measured it in aircraft carriers. That's not counting the vette club at Bristol one night when I overheard one run down my Mustang just before I started ripping off 11's. Those vettes sure looked "purty" with them polishing on them.

Users who are viewing this thread