ne.w soon to be owner

blue504life

love my SVTF
Established Member
hey guys, my names shane, im 17 and live just outside new orleans La. my daily driver as of now is a 93 mustang Lx 2.3 with 258,000 mile on it

well heres the story, yesterday i was passing a honda dealership and there was a red focus with (at the time i thought) after market wheels had nothing better to do so i went and looked at it, well its a 02 SVT with 71,000 miles, not in the best shape but still its a SVT i couldnt pass it up.

today i went back and looked at it with my dad who is a mechanic and the clutch is shot (how hard to fix?) A/C needs a recharge and a lot of dents. the dealer wants $8,000 for it, im offering them $6500 and will see where it goes.

thanks for your time
Blue504life

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
F'n dealers...

A few weeks back I *tried* to trade my 43,000 '04 SVT Focus (NO problems NO dents NO scratches - and still under extended warranty) on a new Caliber SRT4.

Fortunately, they did NOT accept my (lowball:p) offer.

But geezus, they offered my $5,200 for my car. Then eventually I got them as high as $6,000.

And these guys are asking 8K for the one you're looking at???:shrug:

Anyway - Welcome - Let us know what happens.

blue504life

love my SVTF
Established Member
F'n dealers...

A few weeks back I *tried* to trade my 43,000 '04 SVT Focus (NO problems NO dents NO scratches - and still under extended warranty) on a new Caliber SRT4.

But geezus, they offered my $5,200 for my car. Then eventually I got them as high as $6,000.

trade a SVT for a SRT4 are you nuts? now i see you have/ had 2 vipers

wish i would have known about yours before, but oh well

the sticker price is $7992 the price online is $8992, dont quite interstand how that works

ill post some pics if i can

thanks and i will

Last edited:

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
You need the new TSB OEM clutch/flywheel assembly, and the installation is a fairly precise process on those cars. That dealer is ripping you off. You can find great condition SVT Focus' for cheaper than that, somewhere between $6500-7200.

blue504life

love my SVTF
Established Member
You need the new TSB OEM clutch/flywheel assembly, and the installation is a fairly precise process on those cars. That dealer is ripping you off. You can find great condition SVT Focus' for cheaper than that, somewhere between $6500-7200.

i think i will be replacing the clutch not having it done somewhere, it sucks but its cheeper

KBB on this car is just under $7100 when i first saw it it was just under $8000, went back and looked at it again a few hours later and the price was now at $9000, my step dad was pissed but we talked the price down to somewhere between $7200-$7300, but it was too much and we walked away

hoping for a better price tomorrow

ive looked for a little while now but cant find anything good on it
whats the......
fuel mileage?
HP stock?
HP with after market K&N cold air intake?
and pretty much any little things i should know about before i tear down the streets in it
thanks

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
You're better of buying from a private party, but it's your money. This dealer is bending you over.

SVT_ME

Established Member
You're better of buying from a private party, but it's your money. This dealer is bending you over.

If what you describe is true, walk away now...

Clutch is an easy 800 just for parts.

Look at private party, much better value, for a much better car.

Oh, and an 02, with those issues is worth no more than 6200.

SVT_ME

Established Member
ive looked for a little while now but cant find anything good on it
whats the......

fuel mileage? i ave 26-28 in town 34 straight highway

HP stock? 147-160 to the wheels depending on how good they built it

HP with after market K&N cold air intake?

the boys at SVT engineered the intake to be the best, you will see no gains from an aftermarket intake. But the sound from a CAI is awesome!! Same with the exaust.

and pretty much any little things i should know about before i tear down the streets in it

-DSI lever, and IMRC motor.
-Coolant leak from the thermosta housing (Due to faulty o-ring on the plug)
-Valve cover gasket - check the plugs, if you see a pool of oil around any of them, you need a new gasket.
-Fuel filter
-timing belt - the SVT is an interference motor, meaning if the timing belt breaks - you break stuff.

Those are the main "little things."

thanks

No problem.

jasonpalamar

Established Member
F'n dealers...

I got $7800 as a trade on my GTO. Plus got the GTO for 16k with 20k miles cert used over 6 months ago

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
trade a SVT for a SRT4 are you nuts?

thanks and i will

For now I still have the car, and I still like it too! Just been itching for something new, and a bit quicker. If Ford would let us know the RS (or some sort of Eco-boosted performace version) is coming for the Focus in 2010, I'd just wait. Especially if it's in the 3 door hatch form like I have now. That is what I'd really like!

Honestly though, I'm thinking about checking out a new Cobalt SS. We'll see...

blue504life

love my SVTF
Established Member
thanks for the all the info guys, i will be checking out alot of this stuff tomorrow, but i did get the car. price before tax and all that junk was $6400, final price was $7072.50. the ride is great much better than my mustang. other than the clutch its a great car

ill have some pics tomorrow

thanks again guys

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
thanks for the all the info guys, i will be checking out alot of this stuff tomorrow, but i did get the car. price before tax and all that junk was $6400, final price was $7072.50. the ride is great much better than my mustang. other than the clutch its a great car

ill have some pics tomorrow

thanks again guys

Congrats Bud! Hope it turns out to be a good car for you.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread