Need a clutch that will hold 700rwhp+

50_Dave

Established Member
suggestions?

I think mine just took a crap. Tried to give it a 3rd gear goosing, and noticed the rpms were climbing a hell of alot faster then usual. I usually spin in 3rd, but not like that. Then it came, the smell of burnt clutch. SO i think my ram dual friction is done.

Need opinions and such on clutches that will hold massive amounts of hp, and wont make me feel like im on a damn stair master. My t-trimmed car is my daily driver..

Irony in the situation as the clutch gave before my stock transmission. I thought surely i would blow this thing into smitherines with the way i get on it.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Probably a Mcleoud (spelling) I have a Spec 3 right now and its been a good clutch so far at my power level. Sounds like you have a beast on your hands.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
for 700+ you'd want an iron clutch, so hays or mcleod. also, SPEC makes an iron Stage V which might be overkill, holds 1100lbs. stage IV holds 680.

Last edited:

Canada

Established Member
700 whp daily driver? You have to spend more on fuel than it would to buy a POS Tempo!

Cazsper

Established Member
Contact APEX Motorsports in Santa Clara. I have a clutch from there that holds 530hp (with no chatter) on my daily driver.

306Stang

Established Member
15/20 mpg???? DAYUMN i don't get that and i don't have close to that level of power, mods in sig

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
For a clutch to fit your needs, call up Walt at Pro Motion in Ft. Lauderdale. Walt's number is 954-771-5575 or email him at [email protected]. The price is comparable to a new clutch so i'd go the custom route and get it done right to meet your horsepower needs.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
its not about the hp, its about the torque. blown 4v's make less torque than the larger windsor motors so you don't need quite as much clutch. A stage 4 or 5 spec would probably do ok. I have a stage 3 and it holds as strong as ever after 15k miles.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
quadcammer said:
its not about the hp, its about the torque. blown 4v's make less torque than the larger windsor motors so you don't need quite as much clutch. A stage 4 or 5 spec would probably do ok. I have a stage 3 and it holds as strong as ever after 15k miles.

someone that finally knows what they hell they are talking about :-D

its all about the torque, folks. A stage 3 or above will be all you need. The guy i got my spec stage 3 from has a spec stage 3 in his Supercharged/Nitroused/Propaned viper, runs mid 9s in the 1/4 mile and drives it to work the next day...if that's not a good clutch...i don't know what is...

50_Dave

Established Member
quadcammer said:

Nod.

I am really not sure about torque since the dyno was acting funny.

Users who are viewing this thread