Need a couple quick gear opinions

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
I know this has been gone over a million times, but my dif gears, and posi are toast. So should I switch to 4:30's over the previous 4:10's I had? Also the new gears from Ford Racing are made by motive (Italy). Are they any good?

Also I think Im going with a 03-04 Cobra traction lock w/31 spline Moser axles.

Thanks
Rich

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
My installer likes FMS gears, but said if they are now being made by motive to stay away? Im not sure what to get then. :shrug:

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I'd stick with the FMS....

And don't fear the gear.... if you plan on staying N/A... do the 4.56s...it doesn't make THAT huge of a difference.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Just get any 31 spline trac-lock and get the rebuild kit with the good clutches and you have pretty much the same thing as the 03-04 diff for cheaper. You can get a used t-lock out of an Exploder or F150 for under $100. As for gears I say get 4.30s.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
If your staying NA go with the 4:30's. SC 4:10's. I got my car back today with the Vortech and the 4:10's kick ass.

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
I bought an Eaton 31 spline, Ford racing axles, and a Ford Racing 4:30's. Time for slicks this spring! By the way 4:30's are on National backorder. I found 1 set an Gene Evans Ford. Also anyone have any expirience with the Ford Racing gears from Park Ford which are ISF treated (their 4:30's are on backorder otherwise I would have bought them, but They have treated 4:10's in stock). Its some type of Vibratory finishing.

Users who are viewing this thread