Need a different product combo

WDW MKR

Established Member
I recently used my PC for the first time. I used a polishing pad with the Poorboy's cleaner polish (free stuff that came with the pads), another polishing pad with 3M Hand Glaze, another coat of Poorboy's, and then topped it off with some P21S. The finish looks fantastic, but it didn't do much to take out the fine "scratches" that are part of the black paint game. These are not really scratches, but marks that seem to always show up in black paint. They may come from washing the car with a terry cloth sponge, which is to be replaced by a lamb's wool mitt, or they may just show up from natural particles in the air. Either way, what is a better combo to use? I like the depth that the P21S provides, but would like a better polish. I was considering using Vanilla Moose Cutting Cream and Red Machine Glaze , or maybe the Poorboy's SSR2.5 and VM RMG. Perhaps I need to step up to the cutting pad?

This is a garaged car that is not daily-driven. It is always dried with a leaf blower and MF waffle towel. I always use SMP MF towels for quick detailer spray and removal of all polishes. I think I also need to invest in a good car cover to reduce the amount of cleaning required to remove the dust.

jpk

Established Member
Those very fine scratches just never seem to completely disappear. And it always seems that I find more whenever I wash. I've finally figured that just keeping the car waxed makes them disappear. I think you could go insane polishing the paint every time you wash the car.

I had accidentally bought a bottle of the regular Clear Kote Moose Wax instead of the Carnuba Moose a month or two ago. I discovered that it works really well as a quick touch up after washing to remove water spots and hide spiderwebbing. I use it instead of quick detailer after a wash because it is just as fast to wipe on and wipe off, and it hides fine spider webbing better. I go back to the VMG and CMW for a regular wax job. I don't do the whole car with Moose Wax, just spot touch ups wherever I spot spiderwebs or waterspots.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Thanks, Scott! What about a different finish polish/glaze? I was think about the VM Red Machine Glaze. Should I follow that with the P21S that I have been using, or switch to the VM Carnuba? I'll probably need to order this stuff in a few weeks. Gotta finish the cam/head swap, first!

Users who are viewing this thread