Need a good radio w aux/Bluetooth opinions please to replace tape player

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Guys, I have the stock radio in my 99 cobra and as much as I love seeing the tape player as a good nostalgic look to my car I need to listen to the music that I enjoy so I would like to replace my tape player with a radio that has auxiliary outlet and that has Bluetooth connectivity that will basically fit stock right into that slot and that will sound good nothing crazy on the stock on the Mach 460 system. Recommendations, links to radios please and how easy or tough to install these? Thanks also does anybody have a radio for sale that would fit me?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
One word, "Crutchfield". They have EVERYTHING you need.
Stereo, dash kit, wiring harness, really easy to use posi-products stereo conectors, and great customer service.

I've installed 2 Alpine stereos from them over the past several years. Love 'em, it was cake.

01yellercobra

Established Member
One word, "Crutchfield". They have EVERYTHING you need.
Stereo, dash kit, wiring harness, really easy to use posi-products stereo conectors, and great customer service.

I've installed 2 Alpine stereos from them over the past several years. Love 'em, it was cake.

+1

I've gotten my last few stereos from there. Even the one for my 87 Cutlass.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
+1
I've gotten my last few stereos from there. Even the one for my 87 Cutlass.
Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

And my last install was in a '96 Dodge Camper for my mother-in-law - LOL. Really suprised Crutchfield had anything for a 21 year old van.

01yellercobra

Established Member
And my last install was in a '96 Dodge Camper for my mother-in-law - LOL. Really suprised Crutchfield had anything for a 21 year old van.

They really do have everything. The only thing I had to deal with were the 6X9's in the package tray. Oldsmobile has a cool/weird way of holding the stock speakers in place. So I had to get creative to get the new ones mounted.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I'd upgrade to an 01+ center stack so you can run a double-din radio. Then grab a decent touch screen. They can be had for around 300 bucks. Should look better and function better.

Martin6107

Established Member
Search Crutchfield or Alpine-usa.com. Alpine makes a 'power pack' amp model KTP-445A that does a good job of boosting the sound level of their headunits and it plugs right into the Apline harness.

Light2003

Changed the bezel on mine to the '03-'04 and went with a double din Pioneer
ac02e1211eb1adcc8a1ba9f3ebc2614e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread