Need a help with buying a clutch Please!

Calithekid

Established Member
I have a 03 cobra with a whipple I need it to hold over 600hp but I also dont want it to be to hard to drive Id like it close to feeling like stock which is pretty hard as it is. Also any suggestion on where to get it for a good price Thanks alot guys .

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
a spec 3+ is a good clutch which is relativly cheap. however,your not going to get that smooth streetability like the stocker. if your looking for smooth operation, then you need to start looking at the multi disc setups $$$.

Last edited:

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
I have a RAM HDT (26 spline input shaft)....no chatter at all....and it holds... I have 652rwhp on torco..and 599 on pump..no issues.......

Lethal performance will hook you up......alum fidanza flywheel with replacable friction plate.... thumbs up!!!!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
There's usually compromises with the aftermarket clutches and I've heard complaints about every kind of clutch. Personally I would get another stocker, but don't expect it to last long depending on how you drive at that hp level.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a RAM HDT (26 spline input shaft)....no chatter at all....and it holds... I have 652rwhp on torco..and 599 on pump..no issues.......

Lethal performance will hook you up......alum fidanza flywheel with replacable friction plate.... thumbs up!!!!

+1 on the Ram HD and Lethal Performance!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the support guys!

Like the others said the Ram HD is a great clutch for everyday driving and it's gonna hold the powa!! LOL

Here's a little something I put together to help those looking to purchase a new clutch. Most of it's done except for the Spec twin info.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with and don't forget about the 5% Holiday coupons in my sig! Jared

http://www.lethalperformance.com/mustang-performance/choosing-a-clutch.html

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
When I was at SEMA I stopped at the Zoom booth and they have a dual disc setup with flywheel that has replaceable friction plate... looked good. Anyone hear anything about this one?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Ram dual disc and be done with it.

I'm running the Ram 98951 HD-T (dual friction; 26 spline)...slightly lighter than stock; grips well; does require/get a LOT better after a 1k mile or so break in.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
When I was at SEMA I stopped at the Zoom booth and they have a dual disc setup with flywheel that has replaceable friction plate... looked good. Anyone hear anything about this one?

It's very similar to the Fidanza setup which we have in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread