Need a Intercooler Pump in Savannah GA....I'll pay!

rlearp

Established Member
I'm down here in Pooler GA/Savannah for the SCCA championship race. As some of you know, I use my Lightning for my tow vehicle.

I need a new intercooler pump.

Over the last week or so I noticed that I could hear a tiny bit of spark knock on initial throttle tip in in 4th gear. Didn't know what is was. But I found out.....

I towed down from Raleigh NC to the track today and hard a hard time avoiding spark knock. I hooked up my Predator and found IAT2 at 240-260F, and at 260F it threw a Service Engine Soon code. Once I started piecing it together I found my cooler pump is indeed dead.

I can avoid knock by being extremely light on the throttle and careful. But, my towing is rather difficult. I can make it back to Raleigh I think, but it'll be at 55-60mph to avoid any boost at all.

I need a new pump but they are not available at Advance Auto. I'll call the Ford place in the AM, but that generally nets nothing.

If anyone has upgraded their pump I'd love to buy your old one. Or if a fellow Lightning owner know of a performance shop in Savannah where I can get one I'd be much appreciative. Lots o beer, tickets to the races here at the track, whatever I can get for you I'll do it. Seriously, I don't want to tow back with a bad pump and would like to avoid hooking one of my Holley Blue fuel pumps up in place of it.

My cell number is 919-949-5851, name is Ron. Email is [email protected]. Thanks for any assistance folks can offer.

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Im in Charleston and have one that I think is on the outs but will get you home. I opened it up and cleaned it out and that may be all that was wrong with it. It will atleast get you home to where you can buy a new one. If you decide you want mine send me a PM and I will gladly donate it no money required.

rlearp

Established Member
Chris, it is 110 miles from Savannah to Charleston, but my race partner and I might drive it and get it tomorrow. Would that be cool with you if we did? I'd like to find one closer but I appreciate you responding. I bet it'd get us home. I'd definitely pay you for it.

I've not even taken mine off, is cleaning an issue with them? If so I might be able to repair mine but my experience with electric pumps of any kind has been once kaput they are kaput for the most part.

I'll hit you up with a PM sometime tomorrow. Thanks again.

If anyone in the Savannah area has on they want to turn into cash let me know.

Thanks,
Ron

chrisheltra

Established Member
rlearp said:
Chris, it is 110 miles from Savannah to Charleston, but my race partner and I might drive it and get it tomorrow. Would that be cool with you if we did? I'd like to find one closer but I appreciate you responding. I bet it'd get us home. I'd definitely pay you for it.

I've not even taken mine off, is cleaning an issue with them? If so I might be able to repair mine but my experience with electric pumps of any kind has been once kaput they are kaput for the most part.

I'll hit you up with a PM sometime tomorrow. Thanks again.

If anyone in the Savannah area has on they want to turn into cash let me know.

Thanks,
Ron

Yeah its about a 1.5-2 hr drive unfortunatly but I do have one. Im sitting here at my desk at work looking at it. Also I insist you can have it at no charge if you do decide to come up and get it. You will pay enough just for gas alone.

I was told if you open up the pump there is gunk build up that can hinder the motor from turning freely, and boy did mine have a bunch of crap in it. If yours isnt working at all it is unlikely thats you problem.

rlearp

Established Member
Thanks for the response. I did what you suggested and opened it up - lots of crap gunking up the impeller. WD40, brake cleaner, and water and it works well now!! Thanks for the tip and much thanks for the offer!

Best,
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread