Need a Little help Please-Vibration issue

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
Whats doing people? I have an 07coupe. When in neutral and my foot NOT on the clutch I have a vibration that comes through the steeringwheel. I did the TSB for the exhaust hanger on the tranny mount and was hoping that was it. It wasnt. It kinda goes in and out(vibration) and its not constant. I was thinking 07 harmonic balancer or a bad stock tune or maybe even a spark plug. The car is stock and Im itching, but not until This is resolved. I dont think its a big problem but just enough to annoy me. The dealer wants to loosen the motor mounts and then retighten everything. This comes from the ford hotline. I personally dont think this is going in the right direction. Any help from you tech guys would be appreciated. Thanks,
Rob:??:

5.0 guy

Established Member
What does your RPM's do when the vib comes on? do they stay the same or does it bump around a bit?

5.0 guy

Established Member
It seems to me that if your RPM's are not being effected than your engine is running fine, a bad plug would definately be noticable on your tach. Ford can give you a reflash with no problem plus they can connect their computer and read any codes if you are having some kind of issue mechanically. Do you here any noise comming from anywhere when it vibrates?, I wouldn't think you would feel an exhaust hanger in the steering wheel.

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
Apparently theres a compression problem with the power steering pump and the line was vibrating. Anew pump and line was ordered. It should be in tommorow. Hopefully thats the fix.

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
At about 3000 rpm's I was hearing a rattle behind the dash board. It almost sounded like the dashboard was loose in the center stack. The problem was the the exhaust hanger hook up at the trannsmission mount. There was an 08 on the floor at the dealership with no hangers on the tranny mount and I believe tyhat all 08's have the mid hookup eliminated at the tranny mount. If thats the case then you have a different rattle. Mines an 07

Users who are viewing this thread