Need a little help!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Hey guys, I figured some of you might be able to help me out here! 98% of the cars I have detailed could get away with DACP/ SSR 2.5 as the most aggressive polish that would be needed. The few that needed something stonger usually were treated with Meguiar's Diamond Cut, but I threw that stuff in the trash.

My younger brother bought his first car, a black 98 GSR Integra :)rolleyes: ). I detailed the exterior for him with what I had, but the DACP just wasn't enough. The exterior was thrashed. It did look much better when it was all done, but it still has a lot of potential, perhaps even some wet sanding. Sadly, he got in an accident not too long ago (some dumbass rich kid in daddy's SUV T-boned him) and the body shop stripped everything I had on there. It looks like someone who had no idea how to use a buffer tried buffing the car with broken glass and a wool pad.

The better weather is approaching, and I feel terrible that he has to drive that car during his last couple months as a senior in HS. So what I'm asking is, which product can you guys recommend for SERIOUS paint defects? I mean oxidation, deep scratches, heavy swirling, the worst of the worst. It's terrible. I have before and after pics when I first detailed it which I will try to post on my day off on Monday. I will also need something heavy enough to cut out sanding marks. I have never really needed a product like this and I have not been keeping up with the detailing forums lately. Of course I will be using a rotary and probably my most aggressive pad. I'm thinking Menzerna Powergloss, or maybe Optimum Hyper Compound. Let me know what you guys think, and forgive me if I don't reply until Monday afternoon.

He goes to an upscale school where everyones' parents buy their kids brand new BMW's or SUV's and never work a day until after college. Fortunately, he was like me and worked in high school and saved enough to buy his own car. The least I can do for him is make it look respectable. He doesn't care much about how it looks, but I'll be damned if I let him swallow his pride and drive that thing to school after spring break.

Thanks in advance :beer:

Scott P

Established Member
Optimum Hyper Compound. It will cut through anything. You'll need to follow up with something milder afterwards, but I think it's your best bet.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Scott P said:
Optimum Hyper Compound. It will cut through anything. You'll need to follow up with something milder afterwards, but I think it's your best bet.
That was going to be my suggestion, I haven't used it but I love OC and OP so this stuff has to be good.

Users who are viewing this thread