Need a picture of Hood blanket!!!

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Does anyone have a picture of their hood blanket when the water has done some pretty decent damage to it already? I am trying to get my blanket replaced under warranty and the service manager is not sure whether or not it is qualified for warranty. He wants a picture to show to the Ford Rep to let him see the damage. I don't have a digital camera to take a picture of what mine looks like and the dealership is about 45 minutes away. Thanks in advance.

03Bra

Established Member
Sorry, I just took mine off a couple of weeks ago and tossed it. It would have been perfect for you.

03Bra

Established Member
I used the R12d pulley tune as a base line and then adjusted the fuel and timing to my liking from there. I didn't have to adjust it too much yet, but after I add the juice I will have to do it again. ;)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Here's mine!!!
paintedunderhood1.jpg

OOPS .... THAT'S RIGHT............I THREW THE @#^%$&*@#%# AWAY!!!

Sorry.... still pissed about what a waste that thing WAS!!
Fiberglass in the fingers.... water dripping after washes....
Flaps nearly closed right off....

CHUCK IT!!!!
Jimmy:thumbsup:

10thTerminator

Established Member
I know that removing the hood blanket is a mod, but I thought it is used to protect the hood paint from getting funky from the engine heat.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
well the hood mod is cutting holes so that you can take off the flap so hot air can escape through them and be functional.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by 10thTerminator
I know that removing the hood blanket is a mod, but I thought it is used to protect the hood paint from getting funky from the engine heat.

Nope.....
Hood doesn't need protection from heat...
BTW that foil is to suppress coil noise... notice that's where the ground strap goes...
Because the hood is fiberglass(non-conducting).... Ford did that to pass FCC RF Noise regs...
Some cars aren't painted under there....
I had mine painted...
could just shoot it flat black....
I HATED!!!!!!............... the blanket
Jimmy

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by 10thTerminator

The outside hood surface actually just gets warm when the blanket if off instead of very hot when the blanket is on. So leave it off.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Unless you're aiming to just get another one, when mine had damage I spray painted the sucker flat black 3 or four coats, then sprayed some scotch guard on it while doing the hood mod (unpainted underneath). Haven't seen anymore water damage.

Users who are viewing this thread