Need a recommendation for a good Las Vegas/Henderson body shop

jpk

Established Member
Arrrggh. My perfect '04 Mystichrome got rear ended by a drunk tonight. :fm:

The only upshot is that the damage appears limited to the rear bumper, no metal body panels appear to have moved in any way. Regardless, I will need a new bumper and want to have it painted by a shop that does quality work.

Anyone have a recommendation for a shop that will do good, orange peel free, paint? Preferably Henderson, but I don't mind driving anywhere in the valley to have the best possible work done.

Thanks!

3Laser3

Established Member
Wow, deja vu. About 2 weeks ago I got rear ended, too. Minor damage, luckily. My bumber just needs to be repainted; no dent, just some paint that got messed up. I haven't had a chance to find anybody yet, plus my insurance just got back to me yesterday. Hopefully someone will chime in here.

jpk

Established Member
Yep, I did found what looks to be a good shop for having the Mystichrome paint work done.

The shop is called Las Vegas Classic Coach. I got a recommendation from someone on Autopia.org. They are located on the opposite end of the valley in North Las Vegas. Website is http://lvclassiccoach.com/ but doesn't have much info.

They specialize in restoring classic Mustangs. The shop doesn't advertise anywhere (not even in the yellow pages, I was just trying to look up their address!) and has a stark webpage, so I didn't know what to expect. Apparently they get all of their jobs on a referral basis alone, so that hopefully says something. They said they have customers sending their Mustangs to them from overseas (one currently in the shop was supposedly sent in from Australia).

I figured I had found the right shop when I walked in and saw the wall covered in pictures of Mustangs and a giant signed photo of Carroll Shelby with the shop owners. They also do body work and repairs on exotics/supercars. There were two classic 50's Corvettes on a lift getting a complete restoration.

Michael seemed very detail oriented and had a good eye for picking out the defects in my body work caused by the accident, so I'm optimistic they can get me back to new. Even if it takes some time and a bit of back and forth on some details, they seem qualified to get it right and not screw the car up.

It will probably be at least a month before I get the car completed because it's going to take time to deal with the insurance companies (ARGGGH!) and then special order the Mystichrome. But I'll report back on how it comes out when it is done.

Last edited:

jpk

Established Member
Oh, the bumper is trashed. It's cracked beyond repair. I just want to make sure the new one is painted right and looks good.

3Laser3

Established Member
You find a place yet? I just got mine back from Gaudin Ford; I'll tell you my experience if you'd be interested.

jpk

Established Member
Yeah, see my post about about taking it to Las Vegas Classic Coach. It went in yesterday, actually. (Finally got the insurance information from the person that hit me.)

They had a silver Lamborghini Gallardo sitting in the shop in the bay next to my car, so I hope that is a good sign that they will probably be able to handle my Mystichrome Cobra.

jpk

Established Member
Work hasn't started yet because still haggling with insurance over the repairs, but hopefully soon. It's going to take a while to get the Mystichrome paint ordered as well.

jpk

Established Member
Finally got my Cobra back! Well, the guys at Las Vegas Classic Coach were class acts and took care of me. The paint matches up well and everything is put back as expected. There were some small fitment issues I pointed out and they took care of them right on the spot before I left. But the most important thing to me was the Mystichrome paint getting matched up correctly and not having any imperfections, and it did come out right. :banana:

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Good to hear of a good experience. If you hadn't found them, I had some success with B&R Bodyshop in Henderson (Stephanie/American Pacific). They did some minor work on my '03 DSG and matched the paint perfectly and covered the front bumper license plate holes perfectly. Good luck with your refreshed ride.

Users who are viewing this thread