Need a tool, but don't know what to search for

LightningMoose

Established Member
So my new lug nuts come in today, and as I go to remove the old wheels (stupid ass spinners the guy before me put on), I realize that its a specialty tool to remove the spinner cap.

I have no clue what it's called. It's like a 5-leaf clover. Anyone know where to buy such a thing, or what to even google for? I've been trying for the better part of 2 hours on google, and nothing.

LightningMoose

Established Member
lightning666 said:
I don't know what tool your looking for, but do you have any pics of the truck with the spinners, just for kicks

It looks like crap, trust me. I've been trying to ditch them for a while. First I had to wait on the wheels. Then I waited for tires. Then I waited for lug nuts. Then I waited for lug nuts that weren't conical bottoms and flat. Now I have to wait even longer to find this stupid ass tool that probably doesn't exist.

8sm

HELE in 321
Established Member
+1 lightning666.... any good tire shop will get them off for you. take 4 regular lug nut with you and your good to go.

Speedy1

Established Member
Is this similar to what you're talking about?
WheelLocks_2.jpg

If so then the tire shop can definitely get them off for you. If not, get out the sawzall and a torch, just get the spinners off the L:)

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I'm local in NOVA if you need a hand getting them off. Are you trying to save the current set up or do you not care about them. If not I can just cut em off. If they are Ford locking lugnuts I have a master wheel lock set at work.

Let me know if I can help.:beer:

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Unless you get the tool the spinners are more than likely gonna be trash when your done with em. Offer still stands to help out.

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
pitstain said:
looks like a torx bit to me, go to the local parts store and pick up a set.
that is what they look like to me too. they look like they would come off with a Torx and you would have to go slow as to not strip the hell out of them.

Speedy1

Established Member
Those are a type of keyed lug just like the ones I pictured above. Go to the tire shop, they will have the right tool. I would say to squeeze a torx or allen in there but if you are reselling them you don't want to ruin the lugs.

Users who are viewing this thread