need AC compressor for 02 GT with 8rib

hollowdweller

Established Member
What all year F-150 5.4 AC compressors will bolt up to my 2002 GT? I was cruising Ebay and found that I can get a remanufactored one pretty cheap but I dont know what year trucks will bolt up to my block. Another issue I was having was I'd find one for the 2002-2004 F-150's but i couldnt tell if they where 6 rib or 8 rib and it wouldnt say in the description. I can make it happen if I just know what years will work with my car. Thanks!!

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I don't have the answer but just wondering if something is wrong with your stock compressor? You can buy an 8 rib pulley and just swap pulleys.

hollowdweller

Established Member
The stock compressor locked up. I put an 8 rib pulley on it and then the hub was to small so I ordered a hub to fit the new pulley. Well the pulley and the hub are seperated by alittle spacer. There are 4 different sizes, I guess the stock spacer was the wrong size. The clutch starts smoking then the compressor locks up. Wanna get one thats already all set up this time so I dont have to worry about it.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
When you install the shims in between the disk and the compressor, after snugging the bolt down you'll want .022 between the pully and disk.

Users who are viewing this thread