Need advice! 2003 Cobra w/ Procharger

02blownGT

Established Member
There was a write up in MM&FF one time. And I think someone did one on here as well. They talked about the stress and I think it caused a little more heat in the air charge as well. The biggest thing I remember taking away from it is that it wasn't worth it to me.
Wow good info i was looking into an f1 build in the near future that included a wastegate.Im going to try and find that write up. :beer:

Eatonualive281

Established Member
well i can tell you fron first hand experience that changing that upper hat to an air to air intercooled system with a stock cobra/mach intake will wake that thing up!! that might be what you are after. my car is turbocharged, but i picked up over 90rwhp and over 110ftlbs in the mid range and it completely changed the power curve. it was fun to drive again! the 03 lower has virtually no runner length and sucks for anything other than a roots/ts blower.

brandon_s0854

Established Member
well i can tell you fron first hand experience that changing that upper hat to an air to air intercooled system with a stock cobra/mach intake will wake that thing up!! that might be what you are after. my car is turbocharged, but i picked up over 90rwhp and over 110ftlbs in the mid range and it completely changed the power curve. it was fun to drive again! the 03 lower has virtually no runner length and sucks for anything other than a roots/ts blower.

Thanks for that. I'm going to take it one step at a time. If the 01 cobra intake makes that much of a difference, I'll most likely just slap on some gears, put ona smaller RR pulley, and call it good.

Users who are viewing this thread