need advice about 94 cobra

i8urSS

Established Member
Looking at getting a 94 cobra with a powerdyne on it. I've never had any experience with powerdyne but so far everything I've read says they are on the low side quality and hp wise.

Car looks great and claims a built 306 with performer heads. Here's the link.

1994 mustang cobra

My biggest concern is whether the blower is gonna crap out real quick or if it will be ok for a while. I'm looking to use as a DD. Also its missing the leather seats but I figure I can add those back in later.

Thanks for any input.

snakeconvert98

Established Member
Looking at getting a 94 cobra with a powerdyne on it. I've never had any experience with powerdyne but so far everything I've read says they are on the low side quality and hp wise.

Car looks great and claims a built 306 with performer heads. Here's the link.

1994 mustang cobra

My biggest concern is whether the blower is gonna crap out real quick or if it will be ok for a while. I'm looking to use as a DD. Also its missing the leather seats but I figure I can add those back in later.

Thanks for any input.

I would think that it is possible it never had leather seats , unless he said he swaped them , I know a couple people who have owned powerdyne with good results , just not the best out there performance wise , sweet looking ride for sure , good luck !

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
I've heard tales of power dyne having impeller shaft problems... Bending and blowing bearings out. I've never had one but I personally wouldn't want one. But that's my .02... Don't let me scare ya from them

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Internal Belt driven Powerdynes are fine when set up for 8lbs or less. Its when you put smaller pulleys to "make more boost" is when they have issues with belts breaking etc.
Replacement parts are available from places like 928 Motorsports, 928 Motorsports® - Supercharger Kits, Upgrades and Accessories

Some Cobra's had cloth interiors, not all of them had leather interiors.

Looks like a nice car.

Users who are viewing this thread