Need advice on Backspacing and offset measurements!!! HELP!

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
I am in the market for either some HRE or IForged wheels. I want these sizes . . .

18x9 with 265/35s
18x11 with 335/30s (michelin pilots)

I wanted to check with you all to ensure i get the correct backspacing and offsets so that they will fit. I talked with JKDCobra03 and he has the same setup (except 9.5" wide front) and he said that CCW gave him these measurements:

Offsets: front - 25mm
rear - 19mm

Backspacing: front - 6.25
rear - 6.75

So i was pretty sure this is what i would need because he said his fit great. Well then i emailed CCW and they gave me these measurements for my exact setup (wheels and tires with sizes):

offsets: SAME

Backspacing: front - 6
rear - 6.5

Now i figured the front might be correct because I want a 9" wide front compared to JKDcobra03's 9.5". . . but the rears they gave me something different! WHICH DO I USE???

I emailed Mustang Magic earlier today too because they have 18x9 with 265s and 18x11 with 335s on their project 03 cobra. Hope they email soon . .

Someone shine some light on me!!! I just want my wheels to fit!!!

:bash:

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
11 inch rears on a IRS Cobra is pretty extreme dude. I think you're breaking new ground here...ask for some pics of Mustang Magic's car, to see if the tire/wheel sticks out or rubs inboard. I'd wonder how in the world it would fit, especially without the button head bolt mod.

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
there are plenty of guys on here with 11" rears . . . there are about 4-5 i know of with the street competition CCW rims. I have talked to a couple that have the 335s as well and with the BS and offset from CCW, its not even close to the IRS bolt.

pablo escobar

Established Member
I am also looking into I-Forged 11-inch rear.

But i'm thinking maybe 19-inch.

I also told them the car(04 cobra) would be lowered.

2 different shops in South Florida told me no problem because they did it already on other cobras.

I'm waiting for them to contact I-Forged and let me know what is possible.

pablo escobar

Established Member
Oh I also forgot, if you're not sure whether JKDCobra03 or CCW is right.....ask HRE and see what they say for backspacing.

Users who are viewing this thread