Need advice on Cobra Jet CAI

KushBandit

Established Member
Hey guys,

Title says it. I just picked up a Cobra Jet manifold and a monoblade throttle body. I'm looking between the different choices of intakes and can't decide on which to get.

I see Tasca has the FRPP intake for $247, while the JLT is $300. I'm sure the 5" Rev Auto intake is nice, but is it worth the extra $150+?

I'd rather put that money towards a plate kit if I'm not gonna see much gains. I have some pre-preg carbon fiber, so maybe I'll fabricate my own 5" tube.

Any opinions on the availabe CJ CAIs?

Thanks.

TurboX2

Established Member
The FRPP is a really nice piece, the bend towards the t.b. has a lot of volume and a nice gradual sweep to it. Also has a large bellmouth from the filtered area into the tube.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Happy with my JLT 110mm.

Are'nt you taking yours off Turbo...? Lol

Last edited:

dennisn

Established Member
Don't think there's much of a difference in gains between the four cai's out there. I've run drews and rev autos. Drivability I believe will be in the tune.

On a side note I should have my plate kit for sale shortly if your interested pm me.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I run Drew's intake. After finding out Rev autos is made out of mild steel and was $200 more than Drew's I decided against the rev auto. Shaun @ AED advised that a 5 inch is too big and there are drivability issues. Can it be tuned to drive normal? Yes. Not as easily, though. I had my intake by Drew powder coated and now looks awesome.

Aluminum does not get as hot and cools off faster. Steel gets hot and holds heat for longer periods of time. Guys have been successful with both intakes. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread