Need advice on setup. Car tries to wander into the other lane in 4th gear.

Pred_mech

Established Member
My first time out with the slicks netted a 11.3 @118 with a 1.58 60ft launching at 4800 with the MSD 2 step. Unfortunately I had to let off in 4th to get the car to stay in my lane and then accelerate again. I'm at 3500 feet as well. All night I was plagued with high speed wandering. It wasn't until high 3d and 4th that the car (without moving the wheel) would start to push into the other lane. It wasn't like it steered over it felt like the entire car crabbed over. I would let off and the car would correct and come back with a little slide. Then I could re-apply throttle. I just ordered some adjustable lowers and panhard bar. I was advised that the stock lowers were unloading, hence my problem. Another person said that the stock panhard bar was off-centering my front to rears causing the lane shift. I planned on purchasing the parts already, this was just the push (pun intended) I needed to pull the trigger. I never felt anything like that on the drag radials.

Thoughts?

Current setup:

Manual car with Paxton and 3.31 gears
Weight removed from car, weighed in at 1960 front and 1520 rear on the big-n-skinnies on a CAT scale.
Air suspension set to 45 psi front and 60 psi rear
whiteline lower relo brackets
JPC adjustable upper
Swaybar relo brackets
MH 28/10.5/15 @ 12 psi
MH 17 front runners @ 35 psi

cb900f

Established Member
Panhard bar makes sense. But I got nothing more than saying me and my A6 are jealous of your 1.58 60 foot.

Free bump. :)

Pred_mech

Established Member
Thanks. Yeah launching at 4800 got me the 1.58. I tried launching at 5200 and it went down to 1.65.

BTW the panhard bar I just ordered was BMR, so if a BMR tech would like to throw some advice at me I'd appreciate it :-D

Users who are viewing this thread