need advice on supporting mods for nitrous

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Just like the post states. I'm looking at going the sprayed route to make power. I want a blower but right now nitrous will be a bit cheaper and I will make more torque. I'm leaning towards just a 100 shot but I might want a 125 shot with a different high octane tune as well. So my question is what size injectors should I use, what size/kind MAF and what kind of fuel pump? From what I've read you don't really need injectors, MAF or pump for 100 shot and below but it might be nice just for insurance. I figure 39lb injectors and a lighting MAF and an aviator pump. But I'm asking for advice from any of you guys running a similar set up before I make any purchases. My car currently has Bassani midlength headers, Bassani catted X, SLP LM2, 3.73's and Cobra spec T-56. Subframes along with CAI and more gear will get installed soon. Thanks in advance for the advise!

slow98cobra

Established Member
All you really need is a 255 lph fuel pump and a window switch. Since your car is a 97 an aviator pump is not needed. No need to change injectors or maf. I have sprayed up to 150 shot with absolutely no problem. Also, change your spark plugs to NGK TR6. They are one step colder so this should help prevent detonation. Hook it up and have fun.:beer:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
So the 255 if you're going above 100 shot? If not just a window switch and colder plugs? Sounds a little too easy. I guess thats a good thing.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
^^^ remember, Guys have run 100 and some even 125 without anything else for years now.

We all know now that supporting mods and a tune make it safer but it has been done.

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
i used to run my 150 shot on a 255 fuel pump , a window switch and a damn good tune

Users who are viewing this thread