**Need advice**Thinking of buying a 2011 400A Mustang GT Premium.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Well I cant take it anymore I think Im going to contact my credit union and see about getting pre-approved for a loan to by a Mustang GT Premium 400A with a 6 speed manual plus 3.73's. Im about 99.9% sure Ill be purchasing the car with a x-plan pin number.

This will be my first time buying a brand new car from the dealership. What are some things I should ask when discussing the car and negotiating a price? Is there any need to negotiate a price if I have a x-plan pin number or is that as low as they can go on the price? Is there any way to avoid the $850 destination fee? If I dont find the exact one I want at the dealership can they order one for me without incurring any extra costs? Also is there any reason to wait for next year to get one due to possible upgrades?

My finance company can finance me for 3.85% for 6 years or 4% for 7. I was thinking about financing for 7 and paying extra per month to pay it off early. Also if times ever got tight I could pay the minimum and still get by. Before you ask and grill me yes I can afford the car Im just preparing for the future should the worst case scenario arise.

Any info or advise you could give me along with answers to my previous questions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ringo01

Established Member
Ford financed me at 4.9 percent for 60 months...and I'm only 21. So you may be surprised the deal ford will give you if you have good credit.

I am not sure about the x-plan stuff, but the best way to negotiate is to go in there knowing what you want and what price you want. And if they tell you they can't do it, just get up and leave. If they are willing to go lower they will stop you as you're getting out of the chair. If you're looking for the best deal then you may have to do that a few times... lol

I only got 1000 off msrp in discounts so I didn't get an amazing deal, but I feel it's worth it for the car and don't mind helping ford out a bit more...

Good luck with your purchase. I got the same a premium GT with 3.73s!

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
Offer Xplan minus any rebates at time of delivery.
If no rebates at time of delivery, offer xplan minus $1K.

Do you really need the premium?
It only adds cost, not performance...

chrisheltra

Established Member
Offer Xplan minus any rebates at time of delivery.
If no rebates at time of delivery, offer xplan minus $1K.

Do you really need the premium?
It only adds cost, not performance...

I know and I was initially going to go that route but Id much rather leather seats than cloth.

With the x-plan is there any need to haggle or do I just walk in tell them what I want and present the number?

Last edited:

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
I know and I was initially going to go that route but Id much rather leather seats than cloth.

With the x-plan is there any need to haggle or do I just walk in tell them what I want and present the number?

I walked into my closest dealership pretending to not have X Plan to see what they would give me.. needless to say they still gave me a discount but X Plan was better. After I got the X plan price with all my options I took that price to another dealership and they decided to get my business by giving me invoice, which was only about $140 cheaper but still money saved is always good.

I don't think you can get by the destination fee charge, the best you can do is get invoice or less. And then you will get any rebates available when the car comes in (if you order it). By the way, ordering it works really well with getting invoice price, because it doesn't cost the dealership anything so they are more willing to do it. The dealership I ordered mine from at invoice said they already sold one GT and it was at MSRP!

Start trying to order the 2011 brochure by mail from Fordvehicles.com because there's one that has a $750 rebate in it.

2013Boss302

Established Member
i went yesterday to check out my final price and xplan was 200 more than invoice. so they are just gona give me the car for invoice.

fangstang

Established Member
Ford financed me at 4.9 percent for 60 months...and I'm only 21. So you may be surprised the deal ford will give you if you have good credit.

I am not sure about the x-plan stuff, but the best way to negotiate is to go in there knowing what you want and what price you want. And if they tell you they can't do it, just get up and leave. If they are willing to go lower they will stop you as you're getting out of the chair. If you're looking for the best deal then you may have to do that a few times... lol

I only got 1000 off msrp in discounts so I didn't get an amazing deal, but I feel it's worth it for the car and don't mind helping ford out a bit more...

Good luck with your purchase. I got the same a premium GT with 3.73s!

Thats a hell of a good interest rate for a 21yr old.

Driver72

Established Member
You are smart doing what you are doing and getting the Premium package is smart too. It's worth it for the nicer options, plus will add to the resale value when it comes time to sell. The base interior is way to plain anyway.

IMHO if you get the car for anything within $500 over invoice you did well.

Users who are viewing this thread