Need Advice --> Whipple W140ax vs kennbell 2.6 , I am considering one and ....

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
need some advice from those with over 600 rwhp.

Can over 600 HP be got on 93 oct with stock block/heads/cams ?

Plus at that point is it a true ticking time bomb or is that all in your right foot ?

Right now I am ( Modest ) 508RWHP with the stock blower I know in order to step up I need the KB fuel upgrade and clutch I was told.

My current mods are,

-Steigemier stage IV port
-Accufa Big bore T/B (polished)
-BilletFlow 2.76 upper pulley (blue)
-BilletFlow 4 piece idler set (blue)
-Metco 4lb lower pulley kit
-FIPK K&N cold air kit
-C&L inlet tube
-Mafia
-62lb injectors
-SCT X-Cal 2
-AFCO pro-series Heat exchanger
-Canton expansion tank
-Canton supercharger tank
-NGK TR-6 plugs
-Bassani X-Pipe w/cats & cat back exhaust pipes
-FR500 Ford dual core race mufflers
-315 Nitto's on 11 AFS rear wheels
-Billetflow diff brace and MM bushings
-MM sub fram bushings

I don't want to make any hood modifications either.

So I guess what I am asking is which of these 2 will do the best job with my setup,
and will a bigger blower and fuel upgrade bring me into the 600 hp range from some of you guy's experiances ?

Plus I am only going to run 93 octane

Thanks for any and all replys on this project.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Whipple 2.3L (w140ax) w/ 3.25 upper and 4 lb lower (you wont have belt slip with this pulley combo) and GT Fuel Pumps w/ upgraded FPDM. This will easily get you into the 620's on pump gas with the proper tune and the motor will live a real long time. The stock cobra motors will support 700 rwhp rather easily as long as who tunes your car knows what they are doing.

I would also recommend stepping up to some longtubes once the twin screw goes on as your going too be moving a lot more air. Give us a call and we'll be glad to get you sorted out with what ever you need. Thanks,

Derek

Geno-04

Established Member
I say go with the Whipple since your only going to run pump gas. But Tim at modularpowerhouse only tunes kenne bell cars. He won't tune a Whipple car. He is a very good tuner tho...he tuned my kenne bell gt.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Geno-04 said:
I say go with the Whipple since your only going to run pump gas. But Tim at modularpowerhouse only tunes kenne bell cars. He won't tune a Whipple car. He is a very good tuner tho...he tuned my kenne bell gt.

Your right

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread