Need advice

03CobraDude

Well last night I got in trouble for unlawful use of a drivers license (i had a friends expired license) and minor in consumption of alcohol. I would have been off diversion in just a few weeks for my last MIC charge.

What are the possible consequences of these charges?
Should I seek an attorney for more legal advice and representation in court? I am fully aware that these charges on my record are very bad.
Any advice from you guys would be GREATLY appreciated. And yes, I am giving up drinking for a LONG time.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Well last night I got in trouble for unlawful use of a drivers license (i had a friends expired license) and minor in consumption of alcohol. I would have been off diversion in just a few weeks for my last MIC charge.

Should I seek an attorney for more legal advice and representation in court? I am fully aware that these charges on my record are very bad.
Any advice from you guys would be GREATLY appreciated. And yes, I am giving up drinking for a LONG time.

This
/thread

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

As a Prosecutor I can tell you that I would bounce you out of diversion on the initial MIP and put it back in the trial track. Then I would enhance the second MIP based on the first.

Your situation is worse than just "bad." It is serious. Judges do not like being slapped in the face. You were given a gift with diversion and decided to throw it back in their face by not only getting another MIP but a second charge of using False ID.

GET AN ATTORNEY NOW!!!!!!!

Swaie

Established Member
Ahh..shit! Really depends on the judge...get a lawyer and the KY maybe the lawyer will throw it in on retainer!!!

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
03Cobraconvert, how old are you by the way?

Having extensive legal problems with alcohol at your age should be a clear warning sign. Do yourself a favor and get into a program for substance abuse - even if you don't need it, a judge will look favorably on it when its time to hand out punishments.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
03Cobraconvert, how old are you by the way?

Having extensive legal problems with alcohol at your age should be a clear warning sign. Do yourself a favor and get into a program for substance abuse - even if you don't need it, a judge will look favorably on it when its time to hand out punishments.

+1

You also need to consider that if you ever try to land a job that requires a clearance; alcohol violations weigh negatively...

Users who are viewing this thread